Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
I always take DFs performance review with a pinch to be honest. I'm not overly fussy in visuals and I'm not about to stop a game to take a picture etc. Looks great and I look forward to playing it tomorrow.

Anyone listened to Greg Miller's review of it on Red Dead Radio? Makes some very valid points...in short he didn't like it.
Yeah but his reasons for not liking it are not really reasons to put others off.

Soldato
The usual DF create a fuss about nothing have tried it on my X and sons S on my OLED it looks great on both. Yes it looks a bit better on X but it’s still a great looking game on S and by no means the mess claimed by them.
Cant blame DF for doing there jobs. It's the viewers that then cant put the findings into context and start getting upset about it.
It's like their findings aren't surprising at all but some are still acting like some scandal has just been revealed.

It might be that a significant portion of console gamers aren't used to a tiered graphical experience like how it is on the PC for example.

Caporegime
The usual DF create a fuss about nothing have tried it on my X and sons S on my OLED it looks great on both. Yes it looks a bit better on X but it’s still a great looking game on S and by no means the mess claimed by them.

So far it’s a stunning game the level of detail is superb not just graphics but the way the characters react to the environment is really impressive and really adds to the immersion.

Did you watch the video? They didnt say it was a "mess" anywhere.

They said it looked great on all the consoles but the Xbox One X runs at native 4k with the most stable frame rate and is therefore the best version.

Associate
Me right now......

Ctehbl0WcAAcdiY.jpg

Waiting for my PS4 Pro + Red Dead

Associate
Is anybody playing this on a pro and a quality hdr 4K tv? Does it look ok or is the CB rendering looking dodgy as they allude to in the DF writeup? Don’t want to watch vids as it’ll spoil the locations for me etc

Caporegime
Is anybody playing this on a pro and a quality hdr 4K tv? Does it look ok or is the CB rendering looking dodgy as they allude to in the DF writeup? Don’t want to watch vids as it’ll spoil the locations for me etc

It just makes some of the foliage look a bit blurry, it'll still look great.

Soldato
Just picked up my copy from Sainsburys, they'd already sold 10 by the time I got there (07:10)!!

Now for the epic wait to install sigh.

Was it the full £49.99 price in Sainsbury's? I was wondering whether the supermarkets would do a deal on the price if you bought stuff from them like they used to do a few years back. I was thinking about picking up the game and some snacks at the same time, but then I ordered it from Amazon instead for the pre-order bonuses :)

Soldato
Did you watch the video? They didnt say it was a "mess" anywhere.

They said it looked great on all the consoles but the Xbox One X runs at native 4k with the most stable frame rate and is therefore the best version.

They mention quite a few times how bad it looks on One S compared to others. I was just saying it’s not as bad as they say when you actually play the game in motion rather than stopping and zooming in all the time.

I’m not doubting it’s better on one x than s why would I ?

Commissario
Was it the full £49.99 price in Sainsbury's? I was wondering whether the supermarkets would do a deal on the price if you bought stuff from them like they used to do a few years back. I was thinking about picking up the game and some snacks at the same time, but then I ordered it from Amazon instead for the pre-order bonuses :)
Yeh but I had £25 in Nectar points to spend and also had a spend over £40 and get £4 worth of Nectar points voucher too :)

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Yeh but I had £25 in Nectar points to spend and also had a spend over £40 and get £4 worth of Nectar points voucher too :)
Is it very bad of me to buy a copy and use it full price, then buy again with the nectar double up deal next month and return with full price receipt? I want it but I hate being patient, maybe I'll just use my £40 worth as it nearly covers it anyway, huff.

Commissario
Is it very bad of me to buy a copy and use it full price, then buy again with the nectar double up deal next month and return with full price receipt? I want it but I hate being patient, maybe I'll just use my £40 worth as it nearly covers it anyway, huff.
Depends what their return period is, just checked my receipt and it doesn't say. I'd guess 14 days?

Back
Top Bottom