Motors YouTube Videos

Soldato
yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you seen Red Victor 3, it's being upgraded to take 4000hp, they're aiming for 5 seconds and still street legal

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ma Mopar teasing something ahead of the SEMA show:

So, that's Hellcat paw prints being extinguished by elephant footprints. The truly wonderful old second generation 426ci (7 litres in our money) Hemi was called the Elephant engine. So it's a fair bet that whatever engine is being teased here has a swept capacity of near-as-dammit 426 cubes.

*lies back dreaming of large-capacity engines with quite literally all of the torques*

***edit***

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you seen Red Victor 3, it's being upgraded to take 4000hp, they're aiming for 5 seconds and still street legal

I still wonder if/hope that Andy will take Red Victor to the US to compete in Drag Week, five drag races in five days over 4 tracks with a 1,000 mile drive over the week would go some way to proving that it's the fastest street legal and drivable car around :)

Soldato
yea he didn't make it into the 5s, he had troubles whilst over there.............. there's two guys in the States that are faster but not by much, good luck to him.

this could be the return of the original 426 hemi as a crate motor but only on the mopar performance website, BUT IT'S ALREADY AVAILABLE THERE, so what the guy on YT said just now makes no sense to me, .......but whatever it is, if it's going to stomp on the latest Widebody Red Eye Hellcat, it'll need to be 900hp or close.........

maybe they're going totally nuts and making something like a Hemi Drag Pack challenger street legal, because this is dead easy to do......................who knows???

but again it makes no sense, because the Demon IS A STREET LEGAL DRAG PACK ALREADY or close enough......... i'm getting a headache

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Can you imagine how quickly the ASA would get this pulled over here?

I do love me some Dodge Hemi supercharger whine :D

this could be the return of the original 426 hemi as a crate motor but only on the mopar performance website, BUT IT'S ALREADY AVAILABLE THERE, so what the guy on YT said just now makes no sense to me, .......but whatever it is, if it's going to stomp on the latest Widebody Red Eye Hellcat, it'll need to be 900hp or close.........

maybe they're going totally nuts and making something like a Hemi Drag Pack challenger street legal, because this is dead easy to do......................who knows???

but again it makes no sense, because the Demon IS A STREET LEGAL DRAG PACK ALREADY or close enough......... i'm getting a headache

Turns out that it is indeed a 426 cubic inch Hemi crate motor called the 'Hellephant'. Using the modern Gen 3 architecture, but with an aluminium block (I think, seems to be a small amount of confusion over that) from the Drag Pak Challenger program. The blower is now a 3 litre unit making 15psi of boost in 'standard' tune, still from IHI like the Hellcat, Redeye and Demon ones. And it makes 1,000 of your finest horsepowers and 950 lb-ft of torque on 93 AKI fuel (97 RON in our money). The PCM is unlocked as well, so you could tune for more power on race gas if you were taken by the idea of a swift death. Available as a plug 'n' play kit soon to drop into your project car, assuming that you can find a gearbox that won't shatter like a teacup behind it :eek::D

Another monumental broadside from Mopar in the horsepower wars. Your move, FoMoCo and GM ;)

Soldato
dont know what to say really, all Hemi crate engines cost a fortune though, this will be without looking over 30k ? OMG !!!......... this is for a project car, you're probably better off buying a 1960s mopar with a hemi already in it......... or a Challenger Red Eye, lets face it, the Red Eye is all you'll ever need and can easily be tuned to give you an extra 100hp.

i'd much rather have the Red Eye than the Camaro or Mustang..........it just looks so much better than the others.

Last edited:
Soldato
it doesn't hold the road as well as the other two, it doesn't matter at all, it simply looks and sounds miles better, it's pure muscle and that's what it's all about.

We're living in the wrong country now aren't we LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9FxGrk4OTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWwrOILaV8

this crate motor makes no sense to me, because there are already loads of Hemi crates on there, this looks like market research for something else that they've got planned

Last edited:
Soldato
A great story from the team at Teckademics in the US explaining how they blagged their way into the Gumball 3000 event in 2002 to film their 2nd video.
Back then I was following the group from the BMW forum and must have watched the trailer for the vid about 1000 times. Interesting to find out all these years later the story behind it all.

Soldato
Have the Bad Obsession boys been featured in this thread with Project Binky? Not the most exciting videos, but their skills and attention to detail are immense and make the updates a really enjoyable watch.

Back
Top Bottom