Godox v860 ll

Soldato
I had a flash fail on me yesterday whilst photographing an event and so I'm looking for a backup/replacement. Can anybody confirm the v860 does on camera TTL? There's some deceitful advertising from some retailers saying Godox flashes do things that they don't. Take for example one site stating the Pixa Pro v850 is the UK version of the V860 etc when it's not. As far as I'm aware the v850 doesn't do on camera TTL etc.

I haven't got a clue as to why the flash failed since it was operating perfectly fine once I got it back home. It just failed to fire a number of times.

Soldato
Basic breakdown for you:-
TT600 manual/HSS/AA battery
TT685 TTL/HSS/AA battery
V850II manual/HSS/Li Ion battery
V860II TTL/HSS/Li Ion battery

Must get the correct one for your make, otherwise TTL/HSS won't work. i.e. V860IIN for Nikon, V860IIC for Canon etc.

V860II and TT685 are basically the same unit, the battery pack is what differs and the Li Ion battery pack in the V860II delivers a slightly better recycle time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm assuming I'll be fine with the v860 ll. I've not read anywhere it stating it doesn't do on camera TTL. Saying that, only a few places advertised the V850ll as manual, whilst many continued to advertise its virtues as being TTL capable, hiding the fact it was off camera only with a trigger. I'm just being cautious. Once I get it I'll be using the v860 as a Master so the v850 doesn't go to waste. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Oh? Just got mine today and haven't had time to test.
I've read there are a number of issues using a trigger with the Sony A7 along with a careful note to overtighten the foot into the hot shoe of the Flex because it will cause your flash to misfire. There is also a video somewhere about this issue -but I am currently unable to find it. I also recall there's an auto-power off mode that needs to be switched off: Under the Custom Function (C.Fn): 00-0, set that to 00-1 to disable the power saving mode. Refer to P.22 of the user manual for more information. If it's not any of these then I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not sure if I am doing it wrong but put the flash on the camera yesterday at a wedding, TTL, camera flash set to fill.

Nothing happens.........am I doing something wrong in the settings?

I've only heard of Bluetooth interfence with triggering. I'll have to check later but hopefully somebody else will be able to help you out.

Soldato
Does anyone know if the Godox for Canon should work on a Sony A7III ?

edit: mine just arrived, and it seems the godox does work on it

Last edited:
Soldato
It very much depends on what you mean by 'work'. It should work in manual mode on-camera but that's it. It will also work remotely with TTL if triggered by an on-camera Godox flash or controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
It very much depends on what you mean by 'work'. It should work in manual mode on-camera but that's it. It will also work remotely with TTL if triggered by an on-camera Godox flash or controller.

I realised after a bit of testing that it only works on Manual and not any of the other features, so i ordered the Sony version which should arrive today :)

Back
Top Bottom