Corsair are moving into the custom water cooling market.

Soldato
Think they have a lot of potential, but first they need to build up a level of trust in the quality of their products. Something EK already have.

I know i wouldn't touch anything corsair with the word water attached to it after i had two AIOs leak and one pump fail from them. But if in several years words are good. I would consider it an option for sure. For now il stick to EK.

Associate
OP
Think they have a lot of potential, but first they need to build up a level of trust in the quality of their products. Something EK already have.

I know i wouldn't touch anything corsair with the word water attached to it after i had two AIOs leak and one pump fail from them. But if in several years words are good. I would consider it an option for sure. For now il stick to EK.

I agree they need to build trust in their product first.

I did quote that line above about them employing some ex EK members. Which I'm sure will get them off to a good start.

But time will tell of course.

I'll be keeping an eye on there water cooling products for now. As I plan to go water cooling again some time next year.

Soldato
alphacool are the OEM , at least were. when they are announced going custom. I know EK members then moved across - not sure if they were able to bring it all in house but seems like they have influenced the design .
GPU block looks between alphas GPX and new block with touches from Heatkiller with corsair finish.

I know alpha's push was always to be OEM more then pushing their own products

Soldato
You can already get RGB fittings, although it's only for hardline at the minute.
But no, moar RGB than even that!!!!!

They are?
Cool - The few of their products I've had were really well made (aside from some issues with the UV cathodes), but their customer services has much room for improvement...

if they still are OEM, Corsair would take over RMA/CS :)

Associate
I would have expected something like that, hence mentioning it - I can't recall if Corsair's CS are any good, though..... I do know they're amazing if you get in touch with Greybeard or CorsairNick and have a bit of a bitch about it, kinda like how OCUK are suddenly awesome if you have a rant at Bailey!! :D

But still - Moar RGB!!
Put RGB on the RMA labels, and all around the CS office!!! :D

My experience is that Corsair CS are very inefficient and don’t respond quickly. They need to be prodded regularly to get a response.

Soldato
RGB tubing.....I think it's the only thing left that hasn't been RGB'd.......maybe fittings as well......

Thermaltake do RGB hardline fittings, but there was a guy I saw on a Facebook watercooling group that did do RGB tubing, after a fashion. He 3D printed a runner for an addressable LED strip that mounted to the tube, then ran pastel white coolant. The end result was a fully addressable length of tube and looked incredible. OK, the rainbow pattern was horrible, but the concept and application was immense. I think he's even teamed up with a watercooling company to produce a limited run of these things.

Back
Top Bottom