Gsync monitor and laptop

Associate
Hi,
Ive a question about Gsync: I have a gsync monitor (normally connected via DP), I have noticed some laptops say they have Gsync and some say they dont. Do I need the laptop to support Gsync as well as the monitor, or does Gsync work on a Gsync monitor when the laptop says it doesnt have it?
Might be an obvious answer, but not sure if its just saying that the laptops screen doesnt support Gsync but an external screen will. Should be ordering the AW m15 next week but wondering if my monitor is...pointless ha.
Thanks!

Associate
OP
Yes they are a little pricey, I got a 1440p 27" Dell S2716DG for 360£. Figured I'd get the gsync just in case but probably wasn't worth it. Good monitor though. But should have found one for half the price without gsync.

Caporegime
Looks like @MissChief already answered your query. Took a look at the market for G-Sync and I was extremely disapointed but not surprised.
Why are they so expensive now?! I bought my AOC 24" 1080p g-sync for £220!
Nvidia and greed is the answer. The G-Sync module is £200 or so they reckon and there's even a new version that supports HDR that is even more expensive.

Soldato
They are way too much, I was lucky and got my Swift ( TN Panel 144 Hz ) for less then £360 it's an older version, but you can get the newer ( 165Hz ) for around £500 but the IPS Swifts are around £750 I think .

Back
Top Bottom