White cars?

Caporegime

See you edited. I don't understand what your hang-up is on cooled seats? We'll stick to the mini as a point. Yes, white paint is free (as is some sort of bronze colour :s) however the car has other options that cost up to 2k a pop. How does he know that the woman in question hasn't selected some of these?

Soldato
See you edited. I don't understand what your hang-up is on cooled seats? We'll stick to the mini as a point. Yes, white paint is free (as is some sort of bronze colour :s) however the car has other options that cost up to 2k a pop. How does he know that the woman in question hasn't selected some of these?

Spending money on the spec instead of a nice colour is exactly what a person without any taste would do...

Soldato
Long gone are the days when solid colours were painted with a different (and cheaper) process, so unless you are talking multi-layered effect colours there's very little cost difference between say white and silver. However, manufacturers have gotten away with charging extra for non solid finishes for so long that they seem to have just carried it on.

Caporegime
Spending money on the spec instead of a nice colour is exactly what a person without any taste would do...

Not really. It's what someone with a brain would do if they have a fixed budget. You sit on the inside. Not the outside. I'd rather spend money on options that enhance my driving experience of the vehicle. Infact that's why I bought the car I did as it offers a fantastic interior married to great performance.

What you'd advocating is the 'all show, no go' approach that you see all too often on audis, mercs and bmws. You know, the type of person who puts massive alloys and tinted windows on a 320d but then sticks an m3 badge on the back. That kind of bell-end.

Soldato
Long gone are the days when solid colours were painted with a different (and cheaper) process, so unless you are talking multi-layered effect colours there's very little cost difference between say white and silver. However, manufacturers have gotten away with charging extra for non solid finishes for so long that they seem to have just carried it on.

Depends. The pearly white is a lot more time consuming as you need to spray a completely different colour down underneath to get the correct shade and depth. It has to be done perfectly or it will never match.

If you've ever had to have it repaired, it can take the painter a couple of attempts to get right.

Soldato
What you'd advocating is the 'all show, no go' approach that you see all too often on audis, mercs and bmws. You know, the type of person who puts massive alloys and tinted windows on a 320d but then sticks an m3 badge on the back. That kind of bell-end.

Where have I advocated that? I'm advocating the exact opposite, that if you're going to buy a brand new car, regardless of the spec, you should get a nice colour too that reflects your personal taste - not just the default no-cost or cheapest option which tells the world that you weren't prepared to pay extra.

You just come across as if you have some regret about buying a Porsche that looks poverty spec from the outside...

Caporegime
Where have I advocated that? I'm advocating the exact opposite, that if you're going to buy a brand new car, regardless of the spec, you should get a nice colour too that reflects your personal taste - not just the default no-cost or cheapest option which tells the world that you weren't prepared to pay extra.

You just come across as if you have some regret about buying a Porsche that looks poverty spec from the outside...

How do you know that white doesn't reflect their personal taste?

Caporegime
OP
I'm looking for a 125i specifically which are.. rare...finding them in the right colour with heated leather , pro hu, front and rear pdc and idrive is nigh on impossible...

I can't find all those options together in my budget and those that have most end up having bad service history or from Bradford or something.

I'm not barrel scraping my budget is 8-8.5k

Caporegime
I'm looking for a 125i specifically which are.. rare...finding them in the right colour with heated leather , pro hu, front and rear pdc and idrive is nigh on impossible...

I can't find all those options together in my budget and those that have most end up having bad service history or from Bradford or something.

Sorry running man, bad news, you're obviously a pov.

Soldato

Could always get it wrapped.

Caporegime
Because white looks **** :p

Whilst I don't disagree on many cars (really!) I do think it looks very good on some. I think as long as they're not douched up too much that c-class mercs look great in white. As does the bmw i8. McClarens too. Porsches obv.

I don't think Audi's can pull off white at all.

Soldato
The streetlights on my street have recently been upgraded to those new LED style ones. Now my motor (Focus in Frozen White) looks like it's had a photoshop filter applied to it at night. It's weird as hell.

Caporegime
I’ve had an ‘84 XR3i in White, very similar to this
JYK3l9P.jpg.png
The colour combination worked perfectly, as it did with my RS Turbo (S1) - any colour you like so long as it’s white -
Qunpbon.jpg.png
I ruled out a very nice 740iL e38
uVWz0oH.jpg.png last year (just prior to buying mine) predominantly because it was white but the e39 M5 I know of locally in White looks epic.
nXBM5sd.jpg.png
A colour very dependent upon whatever car it’s applied to.

Last edited:
Soldato
On my drive into work today the not common white car I saw was the Ford Fiesta and a few other Fords, next most common brand was Hyundai. Lots of vans too, all white ;)

Puke.

Back
Top Bottom