Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
Just about to pick this up for 51 quid (Gold EDT)

If I get half of the playtime I got from Origins it is money well spent!!!

I put 70h in Origins and had almost all question marks and quests done, I have around 70h in this now and haven't even seen half of the map (or more), let alone completed each region or finished the story. So, yeah.

Associate
This is one of the biggest SP games ever made no doubt. The story is really good and has consequences which you can clearly see have an impact. Reminds me of the Witcher3 more than any game since and like I said before it’s in much better shape visually than that ever was. Let’s face it the LOD’s on The Witcher 3 were always not good enough and resulted in loads of pop-in of foliage etc.

Soldato
GOTY for me too. It's a fantastic game. The scenery, the culture, the characters. My biggest grumble is the wildlife, which causes more problems late-game than soldiers. Hopefully they pick up some inspiration from RDR2 for the next one, as it's currently annoying (similar to Skyrim, but worse).

Associate
I have been keeping an eye on this. But over on the ubi forums there are many reports, including videos, of xbox one x stutters since patch 1.05 that apparently are still not fixed after 1.07. Is this game a locked 30fps or not on xbox one x? Digital Foundry mentioned inconsistent frame timing issues too...

Soldato
So pleased with my purchase. Seriously had a LOL moment near the end of the first Island.

This kinds feels like what you might have expected from a next gen Bioware game not the game we got with ME:A

Not to everyone taste but I love how they doubled down on all RPG elements.

Soldato
I have been keeping an eye on this. But over on the ubi forums there are many reports, including videos, of xbox one x stutters since patch 1.05 that apparently are still not fixed after 1.07. Is this game a locked 30fps or not on xbox one x? Digital Foundry mentioned inconsistent frame timing issues too...

I noticed the odd stutter, but nothing off putting, the only issue I've had in 70+ hours of game play were last night it froze during a boss fight right near me beating it,I had to turn the xbox off and on again and re do the fight.

I've now completed the main quest and the Atlantis one, just need to finish the cult and some side missions that were added.

Associate
I noticed the odd stutter, but nothing off putting, the only issue I've had in 70+ hours of game play were last night it froze during a boss fight right near me beating it,I had to turn the xbox off and on again and re do the fight.

I've now completed the main quest and the Atlantis one, just need to finish the cult and some side missions that were added.

Thanks. It sounds a bit similar to Origins in performance then, bar the crash. I found the performance in Origins a little distracting tbh, even though the graphics and HDR were superb. Hmmm. Not sure I want more of the same performance wise. I'm sensitive to it. RDR2 has a couple of drops but they dont bother me as its only in isolated areas. Origins on the other hand were fairly common place, even though they were minor. It was still enough to annoy me.

Associate
Thanks for the performance feedback guys. Unfortunately I'm still not fully convinced as some of us are more sensitive to frame issues than others. However, you've persuaded me to give it a shot at some point and see for myself. Thanks again. :)

Back
Top Bottom