• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
These are quick settings for most cards to work cutting around 15% power.
After that you know posted before better downvolting settings, but over time are unstable depending drivers and games.

1075mv is stable for everything on stock clocks for me. 1050mv was the point where demanding games started to crash.

Associate
I assume those temps are on water?
Oh definitely. Couldn't run it on blower with ambient's of 34C+ well not without sore ears...

1075mv is stable for everything on stock clocks for me. 1050mv was the point where demanding games started to crash.
Which games are demanding for your system? Could be interesting to test ;)

Soldato
Oh definitely. Couldn't run it on blower with ambient's of 34C+ well not without sore ears...

Which games are demanding for your system? Could be interesting to test ;)

Try Hitman 2. For me that would cause a crash after 5-10 mins with the card at 1050mv.

(It's yet another new game where the Vega64 beats the 1080 btw and also the 2070 :) )

Associate
Ran the settings below, no major issues in the Prologue, though won't be able to play some of the more interesting sections until I get the full game. As you can see from the screengrab was Ultra in Windowed mode with FPS unlocked and GPU settings set to exceed memory if needed. Only options for gfx edited were in launcher not ingame. Settings were set to the highest possible.

UV_test_950mv.PNG

PerfHitman2Ultra.PNG

Associate
had a look but the the samsung especially at 510£ smashes the benq but you would need 2 vega no doubt to push that screen to its peak potentially i would imagine my friend has a 1080ti and its hard to ultra and be at 100fps with that monitor res haha

plus the colours are better on the samsung ( maybe im a samsung fanboy:'(

I recently bought the Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN and a Vega 64 and I'm really happy with them both. I'd recommend the chg70, my only fault with it would be that the monitor stand is very inefficient and takes up way too much space behind the monitor, it has a standard vesa mount so I replaced it with a better stand that allows me to put the monitor much closer to the wall.

The actual panel itself is superb, I cant fault it and enabling HDR makes a nice difference in games. I also have an AOC 34" ultrawide and prefer the 32" size.

I'm also pleased to be back on the "red team" I wouldn't consider buying another nvidia card with all their anti-competitive practices and price gouging.

ill probs go for the same 32 inch have you got the latest firmware on it also ? the 1ms and HDR and the 144hz is most appeal to me the stand im debating to get a VESA arm/mount anyways as my last samsung stand was huge and really not needed to be fair

Associate
After hours of gaming I've settled at this voltage / clocks. Very cool, quiet, and stable :) I'm very happy with this vega 64!

This is with a morpheus II on the board don't pay attention to the fan rpm lol

SYffCAu.png

Associate
Anyone with a Nitro+ that knows what version of trixx you need to change the rgb? i had to find a version of trixx 6.5 that wasnt even on sapphires website to even recognise the nitro+ (they only got up to 6.4, which doesnt work)

Soldato
After hours of gaming I've settled at this voltage / clocks. Very cool, quiet, and stable :) I'm very happy with this vega 64!

This is with a morpheus II on the board don't pay attention to the fan rpm lol

SYffCAu.png
Not promising it'll be stable but I reckon you can achieve that clock speed with lower voltages than that! :)

Caporegime
So, Vega 64 owners, what monitor have you paired with your card? What are some of the best FreeSync panels to pair with the 64?

Im using the BenQ EX3501R Ultrawide, its a cracker.

I was going to get the Samsung CF791, but after reading about all its problems, Black screening, Freesync flickering etc... (Which may be fixed now, i don't know), i decided to go for the BenQ, as i know what they are like, with already having a one (the XL2730Z), and im having no problems at all, very happy with it. :)

I would say not to get it for the HDR, as its not true on this one (as he says in the review), but that didn't/doesn't interest me, as on Win 7.

Last edited:
Soldato
im debating between these 2 monitors currently i did want a ultrawide but some are ugly or low hz or wayyy to expensive currently

Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN
or
Samsung LC34F791WQUXEN

Have the 32 Hg monitor , It's a cracking bit of kit tbh. That and the 144hz refresh rate.

Associate
Does repasting the GPU lower hotspot temps? Also has anyone repasted their Nitro+? What kinda gains can I expect?
Running Liquid Metal on the GPU with a water block. The temp response is insanely quick to changes. Very quick to remove heat. I believe it would work well with a good air cooler too, even the standard blower found gains. Kryonaut is another good paste. I'd avoid Hydronaut from my experience though.

Back
Top Bottom