Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Soldato
I swear, they're pumping out updates and additions faster than I'm able to go through the game:p 72h in and so many regions untouched... And I really went at it yesterday after having a break.

It's one of those games where you can literally go from place to place without exploring at all and it will take 100+ hours to complete them.

Soldato
This is game is epic!!!

Can you hunt lower Tier Bounty Hunters? Seems I have jump one or two teirs.

Also I can't wait to see the next setting for AC.

Soldato
I've racked up about 30 hours of game time so far and feel like I've barely scratched the surface, this game is massive! It's definitely one of the best games I've played this year, there's so much quality in every area. The graphics, combat, exploration, voice acting, etc are all good. That's not to say it's without fault. For example, I wish you could fast travel to discovered ship docks while sailing, and I also wish you could call the ship to your current location. One quest made me sail about halfway round the map but before I could even start it I had to grab my ship, which was docked at a port miles away, so I had to grab the ship, sail it back to the quest start point, then sail about 14,000m of the map. I also wish they'd tone down the random animal encounters and I'm also not a massive fan of the bounty system. Other than that I think it's brilliant.

Associate
Anybody got any ship combat tips? Reached a really hard main quest at level 24. Don’t fancy just grinding and grinding to upgrade ship and would take ages to keep stocking up 100’s of wood to upgrade ship.

Soldato
Anybody got any ship combat tips? Reached a really hard main quest at level 24. Don’t fancy just grinding and grinding to upgrade ship and would take ages to keep stocking up 100’s of wood to upgrade ship.

If it's the mission I'm thinking of where you have to sink multiple ships, the way to do it is to try to isolate one or two ships and pick them off one-by-one. Take a few shots at one ship to get it to engage you, then press square (or x if you're on Xbox) to put the sail down and start sailing away. Hopefully just one or two ships will chase you and you can then engage them.

Soldato

Main tip - take out one ship at a time and board them each time as that will give you a decent amount of ship health back. You can board even when you're fighting other ships (and they stop attacking you whilst you fight on the ship deck).

Soldato
I have a feeling this game would be getting more praise if it wasn't made by Unisoft :p

Really enjoying the acting from Kassandra.

What is the male like?

Soldato
What the hell is up with the horses in this game?

Was disappointed by the riding in RDR2, stupid horses which just run head first into trees among other things but this is awful... No feeling of weight or physics, they just change direction instantly.

The more games I play the more I love everything about Breath of the Wild.

Soldato
Completed this today and really enjoyed it, absolutely huge map and the main story is fantastic and made me want to complete the quest line.

Few things that make it a bit unbalanced in the later stages but still very fun.

Associate
Absolutely incredible game. The vibrancy and scale of the world is brilliant. GOTY if tgis wasn’t a Ubisoft game. The best open world I’ve played since The Witcher 3 and it runs perfectly on the pro too. Massive respect to Ubi for this; engaging story too so far and love the dialogue choices.

Associate
Absolutely incredible game. The vibrancy and scale of the world is brilliant. GOTY if tgis wasn’t a Ubisoft game. The best open world I’ve played since The Witcher 3 and it runs perfectly on the pro too. Massive respect to Ubi for this; engaging story too so far and love the dialogue choices.

Interested to know why you think this can't be a GOTY as its a Ubi game?

Yes, they've done a few questionable things in the past but surely that shouldn't count them out of such a title when they do something right? The post game support of this game has been some of the best out there I've seen; updates, patches, fixes, content coming out of our ears.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Ubi.

Shawrey

Associate
Interested to know why you think this can't be a GOTY as its a Ubi game?

Yes, they've done a few questionable things in the past but surely that shouldn't count them out of such a title when they do something right? The post game support of this game has been some of the best out there I've seen; updates, patches, fixes, content coming out of our ears.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from Ubi.

Shawrey

I meant reviewers not me personally. There’s a lot of bias against Ubisoft and AC. This game imo is superior to Origins in every way yet seemed to review not quite as well. Also games from other publishers such as R* seem to get away with certain things which are badly implemented.

Associate
I meant reviewers not me personally. There’s a lot of bias against Ubisoft and AC. This game imo is superior to Origins in every way yet seemed to review not quite as well. Also games from other publishers such as R* seem to get away with certain things which are badly implemented.

Ahh I see what you mean. Yes would agree this wasn't reviewed as highly as it is thought of by real world users. I take reviews largely with a pinch of salt and I'll normally watch real gameplay and then decide if I'll like it. However, Odyssey was a complete blind purchase as I just saw Spartans and I was instantly hooked on buying it regardless.

Shawrey

Soldato
the First proper DLC is out today i believe, don't have the season pass though and have JC4 to play along with BFV so i think I'll wait for a discount.

Back
Top Bottom