Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Man of Honour
Anyone with a new E Class had issues with their bonnet sensor bonging? I had to open the lid for the first time at the weekend to top up the water bottle and yesterday when I had to drive to a meeting the bloody bonnet sensor decided my bonnet was open and that it was going to bong away at me. I must have stopped 5 or 6 times to fiddle and in the end lost my **** and slammed the bonnet as hard as humanly possible......which fixed it!

Anyone else got any such experience or know if this is a common issue. I did an Altavista search and it seems I am not alone with this one.

Caporegime
Anyone with a new E Class had issues with their bonnet sensor bonging? I had to open the lid for the first time at the weekend to top up the water bottle and yesterday when I had to drive to a meeting the bloody bonnet sensor decided my bonnet was open and that it was going to bong away at me. I must have stopped 5 or 6 times to fiddle and in the end lost my **** and slammed the bonnet as hard as humanly possible......which fixed it!

Anyone else got any such experience or know if this is a common issue. I did an Altavista search and it seems I am not alone with this one.
Yes, happened to me at the start of a 3 hour journey. Wasn't going to put up with the bonging so called out a Mercedes mobile mechanic using the service button in the car and they came out 40 minutes later and adjusted the bonnet latches / catches, which fixed it.

If you want to do it yourself, get a spanner on the U shaped catches on the underside of the bonnet and adjust them. Can't remember which way you need to turn to fix it.

Was a bit unamused about such a thing happening in such a car, but it's the only thing that's gone wrong so far and I'll take that.

Man of Honour
I was going to say, isn't there a whole 24 hour Mercedes 'concierge' service for things like that?
I didn't have time to wait for Mercedes or to arrange the logistics. I got in the car at 9am on the phone got out at 12 noon on the phone and the entire journey I was on the phone annoyingly.

Caporegime
Can you still get an E class with the Heads up Display? Just tinkering with the configurator and couldn't see it anywhere - either as part of a package or additional option.

This happens frequently, options dropping off MB configurator. From what I gathered when this happened to me, MB do it to manage build types and distribute capacity between models when supply is constrained.

E.g. if volumes of S Classes pick up and everyone orders a HUD in an S Class, we'd rather pee off the E Class customers by removing it from the options than let people keep ordering it when they won't get a slot for months.

I waited and it came back in eventually. Might be worth a call to your dealer but you'll probably just get told it's supplier issues, at most.

Soldato
Yeah it’s based on the W212 E-Class. The interior is a little different though, not just the rear seats.

I’d avoid the 2012s as some of the first ones have the old NTG4 COMAND, the later ones have NTG4.5 which has the SD card slot and internet connectivity. It can also be retrofitted with CarPlay, the NTG4 can’t.

Caporegime
Weird one this

Got the E200 today which has the Premium Plus pack, but it doesn't have the wireless charging pad/NFC logo in the centre storage area (above the touchpad)

Any ideas?

Caporegime
According to the Mercedes website it's part of the package:

Wireless charging surface integrated into quick stowage tray in front of centre console. Quick establishment of connection between multimedia system and mobile phone via Near Field Communication (NFC)

Man of Honour
When you open the cup holder thing under the clock the pad to the left behind the cup holders shows wireless charging on it I think but doesn’t charge. So I guess my zero option doesn’t have it :)

Caporegime
Sorry for all the questions

I have the digital wide-screen cockpit. I know you can change the displays manually ('sport', 'classic' and 'progressive')

But is there a way to configure the system so they change automatically depending on which Dynamic option you select?

It would be nice to have the classic Speedo for everyday driving and then automatically switch to progressive for sport mode.

Associate
Mrs and I picked up the new shopping trolley this week to replace the Audi A3 below. We owned this for 4 years and I'll miss it, mainly for the £30 a year tax! Oh and the mpg (it was a 1.4).

20181217-134946.png

With this, Mercedes Benz GLC 43

20181222-144354.png

20181222-144416.png

20181222-144119.png

20181222-144222.png

She's really pleased with it, certainly more practical for our needs. Makes a lovely noise.

Few quirks I've been struggling with, nearside mirror moving around all over the place when reversing and the main beam assist or adaptive headlights? Yeh, I'm not sold on that either. Other than that it's a nice car, as long as it keeps her happy that's all that matters!

Back
Top Bottom