registration issues for a chinese robotic vac

Soldato
Hello,

I purchased a vac from gearbest (robotic vac) Ecovacs CEN540

it works ok however to use the app for remote access it requires me to register the app. The issue is it seems to only allow registerations via a phone number and it requires a chinese phone number :confused:

the App is in Chinese only (i can't seem to find an english one)

The QR code links to this

http://m.ecovacs.com.cn/download/ecosphere/AppDownload.htm?mid=ecovacs-QRcode-DA0016

does anyone have any ideas how i can overcome this, i suppose i need to find a chinese friend who can lend me their phone number :p

my google fu skills are failing me

p.s. even logging in on their website - http://account.ecovacs.cn/login.html? seems to want a phone number only, how bizzare :confused:

Man of Honour
I can send SMS to my Skype number. I think I have to pay extra for that but I did try it when I first got a Skype number.

Soldato
OP
the 2 evovacs apps on the play store don't work, they are for different model vacs, I have tried them both and tried selecting the vacs listed but it does not recognise the device

i had a Google last night and there are some websites that lists numbers to use for sms verification for different countries however I can't find a site that has a chinese number listed

e.g. http://7sim.net

I'll have a good look again later today

cheers

Soldato
OP
cheers mate, it is pretty decent, first robo vac so i cant compare it with another, the cats love it :p

i've e-mailed them, the phone number just rings and then cuts off each time

Caporegime
Gearbest you say?

Run lol
gearbest sound like complete scammers and fraud merchants.

I was considering ordering something from them and checked google for forum posts about their business practices and was amazed.

people saying they ordered from the UK warehouse which is not a warehouse but some really dodgy company who seems seperate from gearbest.

seems they like to send packages hoping they will get lost in the post so they can claim the money back.
people going to the post office to see if their items were there and discovering only a name and postcode on the package and broken contents inside.

then gearbest offering them 30-50% refunds only or telling them they would have to ship the item to china lol

the forum thread was multiple pages long all saying the same thing with some chinese person from gear best copy/paste spamming the same response to everyone who posted in there in an effort to look like she was helping, but apparently peoples messages to her just got ignored.

Soldato
OP
had a reply, the uk guys are looking into it and are going to get back shortly :D

in the app, interestingly if i put a canada number in it accepts it, but a +852 no. it does not :S

...do any of you guys live in canada :D

Soldato
gearbest sound like complete scammers and fraud merchants.

I was considering ordering something from them and checked google for forum posts about their business practices and was amazed.

people saying they ordered from the UK warehouse which is not a warehouse but some really dodgy company who seems seperate from gearbest.

seems they like to send packages hoping they will get lost in the post so they can claim the money back.
people going to the post office to see if their items were there and discovering only a name and postcode on the package and broken contents inside.

then gearbest offering them 30-50% refunds only or telling them they would have to ship the item to china lol

the forum thread was multiple pages long all saying the same thing with some chinese person from gear best copy/paste spamming the same response to everyone who posted in there in an effort to look like she was helping, but apparently peoples messages to her just got ignored.

Always when buying from China use eBay. They have a bad name round here, but at least as a customer you get your money back.

Caporegime
Was looking at getting Umidigi Z2 via Gearbest, but upon reading this thread and doing some digging on t'web I think I'll put it off for now.
Banggood seems totally legit if you really want something from china, unless they have it in the eu/fr/uk warehouses

Soldato
Banggood and Gearbest are both pretty much of a muchness ... They are both as good/bad as each other and I have used both, normally (*), without any issues.

(*) I have just cancelled an order with Gearbeat as after a month they still hadn't shipped anything. I had a full refund back to my PayPal with 30mins

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom