The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Ah, that's why I have so many copies of Your Lie in April part one ... (Original with the production error, replacement and even a third copy from the mystery box .... I was wondering where the third copy came from)

I would note that there can be slight variations if they end up not having enough of one or more titles. For instance I can't remember exactly what I received last year but I don't have the Blood title from Werewolf's list

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Aye although apparently this year they've made sure they've got enough:)

I suspect what they've done this year is make the bundles up ready, as opposed to going by some stock counter or something and making them up as needed.

I think I've still got two copies of Samurai Flamenco set 1 as I already had it (and Tiger and Bunny), although without hunting through the boxes i can't be sure:)

One of these days I'm going to prune the duplicates from my collection again, as I think I last did it about 5 or 6 years ago when I realised I had something like 4 copies of Tsubasa Chronicles (from when the release got interrupted and restarted twice), and multiples of some volume 1's.

Soldato
Well MVM are winning over ATA ... not only have they shipped all my orders up to 9/12 but also I have actually received all of them.
Whilst I may have had shipment emails from ATA i've received nothing from them.

And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online? and Battle Girls High School this morning ... i have several of the others via MVMs normal weekly deals

Commissario
OP
I'm seriously tempted by BSP but as I've seen it and already spent rather a lot I'm holding off (I suspect it'll be in their weekly sale at some point).

I had a look at what I've spent so far on anime over the last couple of weeks and I have definitely failed to avoid spending too much:p

Soldato
I'm very tempted by Lain on Blu-ray, it's one of my old favourites and whilst I've got the DVD's they're the original Aussie ones (bought in 2002), so standards conversion etc.
Yeah, Lain was my first ever anime DVD purchase on the 6th November 1999, along with Record of Lodoss war. :)

Must resist. :/

Commissario
OP
Yeah, Lain was my first ever anime DVD purchase on the 6th November 1999, along with Record of Lodoss war. :)

Must resist. :/
I failed:(

It's ordered as it's one I've been wanting to get on blu-ray for ages along with Haibane Renmei.

I was updating my anime dvd spreadsheet and realised I'm now at over 1000 purchases/individual discs/case :eek: (although probably a couple of hundred of those were TRSI bundles like YUA where it was something like 20 individual DVD's in a bundle).

Caporegime

It's ordered as it's one I've been wanting to get on blu-ray for ages along with Haibane Renmei.

I was updating my anime dvd spreadsheet and realised I'm now at over 1000 purchases/individual discs/case :eek: (although probably a couple of hundred of those were TRSI bundles like YUA where it was something like 20 individual DVD's in a bundle).

Even at £10 each.....

Soldato

Grats. :D I'm holding fast, but I may break before Monday!

I need to update my list or merge other random lists with my original which stops at 564 in Dec 2001. A lot of those are tapes as well as DVDs, back in the day you rarely got complete series collections. And lot of those have been sold.

Soldato
I was sorting out some of my web space the other day and found there was a list on there which I had once done which listed a substantial amount of disks I had purchased by that time ... And that was around 5+ years old, in fact probably older. There was four figures of entries in it even then.

The scary one was that I sorted out an extra three shelf bookcase the other day as my Japanese concert boxsets needed more storage. Now admittedly the majority were purchased second hand but even then you are talking, depending on item and exchange rate, £60-100 (new items you are talking £150-200) ... And the bookcase is nigh on full and where they came from seems to have little difference in the amount I have there ...

I'm currently avoiding the rabbit hole that is Japanese drama series releases as much as possible, (I did pick up one series second hand whilst I was out there in October ... Reduced to £130~ which gives some idea why I don't want to go there ...)

Commissario
OP
Even at £10 each.....
I've been collecting for ~18 years, so it's not as bad as it seems, I don't smoke, drink or do takeaway meals* so it's not too terrible, it's basically a purchase a week on average (I also don't do mobile phone contracts**).
Up until 2012 I was noting accumulated cost and how much i'd spent every 3 months, somehow that stopped.:p

*Well the odd burger round a friend's, or fish and chips every few weeks ;)
**I'm a £20 a year top person as I hate using them for calls/texts.

Commissario
OP
I was sorting out some of my web space the other day and found there was a list on there which I had once done which listed a substantial amount of disks I had purchased by that time ... And that was around 5+ years old, in fact probably older. There was four figures of entries in it even then.

The scary one was that I sorted out an extra three shelf bookcase the other day as my Japanese concert boxsets needed more storage. Now admittedly the majority were purchased second hand but even then you are talking, depending on item and exchange rate, £60-100 (new items you are talking £150-200) ... And the bookcase is nigh on full and where they came from seems to have little difference in the amount I have there ...

I'm currently avoiding the rabbit hole that is Japanese drama series releases as much as possible, (I did pick up one series second hand whilst I was out there in October ... Reduced to £130~ which gives some idea why I don't want to go there ...)
You're making me feel much better about my plastic habits:p

Caporegime
I've been collecting for ~18 years, so it's not as bad as it seems, I don't smoke, drink or do takeaway meals* so it's not too terrible, it's basically a purchase a week on average (I also don't do mobile phone contracts**).
Up until 2012 I was noting accumulated cost and how much i'd spent every 3 months, somehow that stopped.:p

*Well the odd burger round a friend's, or fish and chips every few weeks ;)
**I'm a £20 a year top person as I hate using them for calls/texts.

I’m not telling you how you spend your money, just doing some back of the postage stamp maths.

I don’t drink, smoke or get take away either. I’m still broke, not sure where all my money goes lol

Soldato
he scary one was that I sorted out an extra three shelf bookcase the other day as my Japanese concert boxsets needed more storage. Now admittedly the majority were purchased second hand but even then you are talking, depending on item and exchange rate, £60-100 (new items you are talking £150-200) ... And the bookcase is nigh on full and where they came from seems to have little difference in the amount I have there ...

I can relate to that, back in the day I used to buy Japanese DVD OVAs at £30-£45 a pop for 25-60 mins of play time. Not to mention my laserdisc collection, JPN and USA releases, mainly 2nd hand, but shipping alone could be £10+. :)

I did hold off, but today I have discovered MVMs site has an order limit of 10 items per order. :<

Commissario
OP
I did hold off, but today I have discovered MVMs site has an order limit of 10 items per order. :<
I just ordered a couple of titles, one i've been meaning to get for ages, and another that I spent a while looking for a good price on the other day without registering it was an MVM title:p

Given today's offers are being described as "Clearance day part 2" I suspect most of these are pretty close to last chance, at least for the complete sets (the part seasons have probably been replaced by full season sets).

Back
Top Bottom