The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Permabanned
Walked out in the middle of the night bags packed to a devastated fiancee. Not sure what I'm feeling, regret, numb, has this really happened. Not gonna sleep not sure if I've been a total idiot. She's texting me now saying she still loves me and wants me back.

Merry Christmas.

If any of your are about I would appreciate some wisdom right now.

See how it goes over Christmas.
If it doesn't work out then fair enough. If she does love you it's worth a shot and even if she doesn't (reciprocal of course) you've at least mitigated what I imagine as being the worst time of year to break up.

Man of Honour
Walked out in the middle of the night bags packed to a devastated fiancee. Not sure what I'm feeling, regret, numb, has this really happened. Not gonna sleep not sure if I've been a total idiot. She's texting me now saying she still loves me and wants me back.

Merry Christmas.

If any of your are about I would appreciate some wisdom right now.
I was watching a youtube video of a guy I have followed for years recently. He's married now and happily so. But he told the story of an early relationship where he was engaged. Most of his mates congratulated him without much thought because it was the done thing. But one of his female friends simply asked "Aren't engaged people supposed to be happy?". He realised he wasn't and broke it off immediately.

Deep down are you happy about the engagement or happy about breaking it off?

Caporegime
Yep I walked out my grandad picked me up in the night and just left.
Needs to be changes from both of us but hers are a lot harder than mine.

Things only have a chance of changing if both parties really REALLY want to change.
If one is doing it only when the threat to leave is made it isnt going to work.

Soldato
I'm sober, don't drink but I think I'll keep it to myself and sleep on the issues.

She's still texting me might see her for an hour away from the house tomorrow.

Permabanned
Things only have a chance of changing if both parties really REALLY want to change.
If one is doing it only when the threat to leave is made it isnt going to work.
I don't mean to be a negative Nancy/pedant, but if any of you need to change then it's all ready over.
I'd be more open to compromising differences as to change. If that makes any sense?

Caporegime
I don't mean to be a negative Nancy/pedant, but if any of you need to change then it's all ready over.
I'd be more open to compromising differences as to change. If that makes any sense?

Yeah you can't change who you are but you can make changes. For example me and my gf recently had chat where if I do x and she does y it makes z better. Because this was really the only little issue for us we are able to make it work.
Those are the sort of changes I mean. Not changing your personality

Soldato
It's not personality changes really, sorry didn't explain anything. Just other issues that needs to be sorted or halfway to make things work. Which although hard got to happen.

Permabanned
Yeah you can't change who you are but you can make changes. For example me and my gf recently had chat where if I do x and she does y it makes z better. Because this was really the only little issue for us we are able to make it work.
Those are the sort of changes I mean. Not changing your personality

We're singing from the same hymn sheet there, I'd reckon. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom