Hire car of win

Associate
My good mate, who's currently living in Russia, heads back home for a week or 2 every few months. Recently he's been hiring some decent cars when comes over. So far he's had an M2 on a few occasions, and on his last trip home he got a DB9 Volante. This time however he's hired a car full of win:

DSC-0211.jpg

A 2018 R8 V10 Plus :eek::cool:

I've been out in it a few times now and what a machine. The way it puts it's power down and the sound on overrun is just intoxicating. I've no idea how's he's going to top this on his next trip home!

Associate
OP
I wouldn't even like to guess at what it's costing him to hire this one for 2 weeks! He uses the same hire company from London each time so gets a decent discount, be even still it'll be crazy money

OcUK Staff
Depending on how favourable he is with the hire company expect to pay around £2500-£5000 per week, miles depending of course.
It is also probably something I shall do before dropping 100k on the next car is hire the potential candidates for a couple of days if test drives are lacking.

Man of Honour
Just got a quick quote through Hertz, V10 R8 Spyder is £2700 a week for a random week in a few months time. So half the made up pie in the sky Nasher number :p

Man of Honour
Did you just make that up? Nobody is paying 10 grand to rent an Audi for 2 weeks.

Technically he could still be right (sort of) - you don't always pay 5x or 7x the cost of 1 day hire if you book whole blocks at once - we recently hired a vehicle for 7 days that was £100 less than 7x the daily price.

EDIT: Infact straight up googling the R8 hire you can find that car at a starting rate of just over £700 a day where the daily price drops if you book in 3 day blocks and if you book 8+ days at a time you get another £100 per day off the daily rate (1 week hire is around £3.5K for the exact car in the first post).

EDIT2: I'm assuming Nasher just googled this http://www.premierevelocity.com/car/audi-r8-v10-plus-hire

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Surprised its so close to lower end of what I said, seems quite the bargain really. :)

That (exact) car in the first post per week is pretty much smack in the middle of your range at approx. £3500 from the first two hits I found on google.

OcUK Staff
That (exact) car in the first post per week is pretty much smack in the middle of your range at approx. £3500 from the first two hits I found on google.

R8 V10 not really on my list for next car but at a couple of grand think I shall just take one for a week and get it out of my system. Surprised how cheap, but I've been admittedly looking at 570S, GT3 and 458 rent values which are typically £1200-£1500 per day, if anyone knows cheaper please let me know.

I am going LA and Vegas in January and supercar hire is typically a lot cheaper there so will probably get something nice whilst there also.

Man of Honour
I am going LA and Vegas in January and supercar hire is typically a lot cheaper there so will probably get something nice whilst there also.

Hopefully before the exchange rate goes too meh. Definitely worth doing - my brother in law hired some nice stuff out there on his honeymoon in Florida for way under what it would cost here.

OcUK Staff
Hopefully before the exchange rate goes too meh. Definitely worth doing - my brother in law hired some nice stuff out there on his honeymoon in Florida for way under what it would cost here.

The rate is already meh, its been poor for ages but yeah in last month its dropped from 1.30 and now to 1.25, now cost more for stuff in pounds than it does USD due to VAT.

Back
Top Bottom