*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Anybody got one of those Red Dead bundle Pro's? The reason I ask is because my current one is so loud it gets on my nerves. Do the new revisions also sound like jet engines?

Caporegime
OP
Anybody got one of those Red Dead bundle Pro's? The reason I ask is because my current one is so loud it gets on my nerves. Do the new revisions also sound like jet engines?

it's the poor application of thermal paste and crappy pads.

open it up, clean it thoroughly. get some half decent paste and use a thin layer.

place better pads on all memory chips.

this is pretty much guaranteed to halve noise levels

Associate
DF say the new Pros are quieter but run a bit hotter.

Cheers, I just watched that video.

Had my rdr2 pro for a week now, playing at 4k and.its so much quieter than my launch day ps4

That's good to hear.

it's the poor application of thermal paste and crappy pads.

open it up, clean it thoroughly. get some half decent paste and use a thin layer.

place better pads on all memory chips.

this is pretty much guaranteed to halve noise levels

That's definitely an option although I might just buy one of the new revisions when there's a deal and sell my current one.

Soldato
Thermal paste doesn't always fix the issue it didn't fix it for me on my old PS4 sony realy skimp on cooling, my friends xbox one x is so silent i have to put my head next to it to hear it.

Associate
Thermal paste doesn't always fix the issue it didn't fix it for me on my old PS4 sony realy skimp on cooling, my friends xbox one x is so silent i have to put my head next to it to hear it.

I'd love to get an Xbox One X but the PlayStation exclusives are what I'm sticking around for!

Soldato
I'd love to get an Xbox One X but the PlayStation exclusives are what I'm sticking around for!

Im still toying with the idea of gettng xbox one x as I recnetly purchased a 4k TV, I have PS4 Slim which was silent but its now loud as my orginal PS4 does my head in was trying to watch bluray and ended up turning it off.

Soldato
Im still toying with the idea of gettng xbox one x as I recnetly purchased a 4k TV, I have PS4 Slim which was silent but its now loud as my orginal PS4 does my head in was trying to watch bluray and ended up turning it off.

The new PS4 pros are much quieter. Look for the 7216 model which is bundled with red dead 2.

Soldato
Took the plunge and decided to join the PS VR crew. Ordered myself Tetris Effect too as all the gaming podcasts I listen to are banging on about how good that and Astro Bot is. Lets see what all the fuss is about come the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom