NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
just read that wentz has a "fracture in his back", how is something like that not enough to retire ?, to me it seems risky to even chance something like that.

If there's no danger to his spinal cord, surely it's not really much of a worry? (Brock Lesner broke his neck and wrestled for 10 more minutes. He's still in MMA now isn't he?) I don't think it has to be all that serious.

Soldato
If there's no danger to his spinal cord, surely it's not really much of a worry? (Brock Lesner broke his neck and wrestled for 10 more minutes. He's still in MMA now isn't he?) I don't think it has to be all that serious.

i figure it must be safe if their looking to let him carry on, just the term "fracture in your back" must be scary as hell, have seen that they've advised rest but no surgery is required so as you said doesn't seem much of a worry.

Soldato
what's going on this year, results coming out of left field, good runs getting stopped, usually its a case of play off places getting settled in .....

as for the rams, goff is sliding back , all season he's gotten lucky with poor throws now these throws are getting picked up, and had another wide out go for 160 yds against us along with letting up on 30 points, fingers crossed they've got a new defensive coach in mind for next season.

Soldato
Yeah some crazy results at the moment. Monumentally banged up Skins overcoming the Jags, Niners beating the Seahawks, Bengals winning a game and all the better teams seeming intent on tossing it away.

After all the early season noise of it now being an offensive led league I wouldn't be shocked to see Cowboys, Ravens and Bears in the final four and even the super bowl. After all the hyperbole it seems to be another business as usual year in terms of a solid D and a banging run being the fundamentals of a Superbowl push.

Does anyone see Mullens as having a long term future? He looks pretty solid but not sure if he has enough in him to become a starter.

Looking forward looks like with the old guard of top level QB's disapearring in the next couple of years (Brady, Brees, Roth, Rivers) seems like there's a new top level elite coming in with Mahomes, Darnold and Mayfield, they all seem to be getting better week on week.

Soldato
for me the ravens, bears have a chance, don't think the cowboys can string enough games together though, added to them i'd also consider the saints & cheifs.

i think there are a few teams that could have mullens as a starter seems pretty decent considering what he has to work with at the 49'ers.

Soldato
for me the ravens, bears have a chance, don't think the cowboys can string enough games together though, added to them i'd also consider the saints & cheifs.

i think there are a few teams that could have mullens as a starter seems pretty decent considering what he has to work with at the 49'ers.

He's working with dross but the Niners coach is noted for getting the best out of QB's. I would have him as backup/main challenge for Bottles (intention mistake) in Jacksonville if they cannot get a decent QB in the draft. The pool looks a little thin at the moment for the 19 draft class.

Soldato
He's working with dross but the Niners coach is noted for getting the best out of QB's. I would have him as backup/main challenge for Bottles (intention mistake) in Jacksonville if they cannot get a decent QB in the draft. The pool looks a little thin at the moment for the 19 draft class.

i think he could challange a few qb's, problem is with players like bortles, and cutler before, they seem to give them more time than they've earn't by their performance, still don't understand the contract offered to bortles.

not seen much mentioned about decent qb's for the draft, have seen that the Heisman winner this year is going to play baseball, or at least has been drafted to play baseball.

Soldato
Yeah this season has been odd so far. It's bizarre to think that the Steelers lost to the Raiders last week, they were excellent against the Pats yesterday. Having said that, the Pats were uncharacteristically sloppy. The drops, Brady's interception, the 12(?) penalties and Bellichick being conservative on a few 4th and shorts were all things you don't associate with them.

The new generation of QBs coming through is exciting and it definitely feels like there is a changing of the guard. Mahomes could be something really special, to be leading the league by a long way in terms of TDs and second only to Brees in QB rating at 23 years old in his second season at KC is incredibly impressive.

Soldato
Yeah this season has been odd so far. It's bizarre to think that the Steelers lost to the Raiders last week, they were excellent against the Pats yesterday. Having said that, the Pats were uncharacteristically sloppy. The drops, Brady's interception, the 12(?) penalties and Bellichick being conservative on a few 4th and shorts were all things you don't associate with them.

The new generation of QBs coming through is exciting and it definitely feels like there is a changing of the guard. Mahomes could be something really special, to be leading the league by a long way in terms of TDs and second only to Brees in QB rating at 23 years old in his second season at KC is incredibly impressive.

Even better when he is essentially a rookie considering he only played a single game (or was it 2?) In 2017.

Associate
Mahones is the real deal. Outstanding season. Trubisky is at least making progression since the Bucks win. But since we've never had good QBs in Chicago he's still breaking really low records. All 3 2017 1st rounder QBs are heading to the playoffs.

Caporegime

Also need to consider that he has Shannahan scheming guys wide open amongst other things assisting him.

Dude is tough as nails though, worried how much Mack will get at him Sunday though

Soldato
Also need to consider that he has Shannahan scheming guys wide open amongst other things assisting him.

Dude is tough as nails though, worried how much Mack will get at him Sunday though

i think hes mostly made decent decisions as well tho, much as the play calling etc can get people open, the qb has to still do a bit of work and i think hes done better than a few.

as for mack getting to him, will be interesting to see how he handles it, can he make the quick decision to safely throw it away so they don't lose 10 yds, does he take good care of the ball etc.

always concerned with "tough" qb's, being able to recover from a hit is one thing, but unless its the last few minutes of a play off game/superbowl, i want them getting to ground asap, not trying to gain an extra yard so they get smacked and put out for a few months :D

Soldato
I liked the stat about Mullens throwing the most yards to back to back for the 49ers games since Steve Young. I don't see him taking anyone deep into the playoffs though, but at the same time, he's still got a lot to learn, so you never know.

Where do we think Flacco will land next season? I've already heard talk that maybe Smith will never play again and the Redskins will take Flacco on. I wouldn't be too upset if that happened, as long as we don't pay too much.

Soldato
mullens has a decent base to work from, and long as he keeps his ego in check and develops i think he could do really well in the next few years if he gets a chance.

as for flacco, redskins, giants or dolphins might take him on if the price is right, have seen that with the money involved its a possibility he might be released with teams unwilling to trade, be surprised if that happened tho

Last edited:
Soldato
I liked the stat about Mullens throwing the most yards to back to back for the 49ers games since Steve Young. I don't see him taking anyone deep into the playoffs though, but at the same time, he's still got a lot to learn, so you never know.

Where do we think Flacco will land next season? I've already heard talk that maybe Smith will never play again and the Redskins will take Flacco on. I wouldn't be too upset if that happened, as long as we don't pay too much.

Giants maybe? Manning is dross and maybe drafting a QB and then Flacco as a season or two hold over as he beds in might be a good call.

Back
Top Bottom