NFL 2018 Season

Soldato
Jaguars are being linked too. Bortles is probably done there.

did think of the jags, but not sure how they'd make out getting rid of him after the new contract they gave him.

with the giants if they can get a decent deal i think they'd be better off getting him than drafting.

bronco's i think will stick with keenum unless they can get a decent deal with flacco.

Soldato
I'd guess the dolphins.

I think the Giants and Jags will try and draft a QB instead.

My outside shout would be the Broncos. I don't think Flacco is miles better than Keenum, but Flacco always plays well in the playoffs.

I don't really see the depth on the draft so could see a team taking a punt on him taking a young QB who may need further work in the interim.

Soldato
I don't really see the depth on the draft so could see a team taking a punt on him taking a young QB who may need further work in the interim.

i agree, i think most of the teams have "ok" qb's at the least, i've included the giants simply cos of eli's age as he's been pretty bullet proof up until now injury wise.

as mentioned i think it all comes down to what price/cost there is to get him, for me if it comes down to giving up draft spots next year it has to be considered as i've not really heard of any outstanding players ?

Soldato
i agree, i think most of the teams have "ok" qb's at the least, i've included the giants simply cos of eli's age as he's been pretty bullet proof up until now injury wise.

as mentioned i think it all comes down to what price/cost there is to get him, for me if it comes down to giving up draft spots next year it has to be considered as i've not really heard of any outstanding players ?

I'm not too hot on college football but I've barely heard of a decent one, the best one is off to play badeball which says it all :p

Soldato
I'm not too hot on college football but I've barely heard of a decent one, the best one is off to play badeball which says it all :p

me neither to be fair, i have tried every year to watch more college games but the ones i've watched have been pretty dire or totally one sided :(

from what i've seen on the heisman this year the top 2 were a decent amount ahead with the 3rd/4th qb's another big step on from 5th place.

Associate
did think of the jags, but not sure how they'd make out getting rid of him after the new contract they gave him.

It's possible to move on from him. That said the Jags appear to have no cap room for 2019 atm.

But there are so many rumours and speculation pieces around that the Jags will move on from Bortles. So it does feel like one of those things that is going to happen in the offseason even if they draft for a QB instead.

Soldato
anything is possible, i'm a rams fan and within recent years we've been involved in stupid deals for rg3 and goff, add to that the raiders sending mack to the bears :D

i've not seen any mention that the qb's in the next draft are going to be that special straight off, if that's true i don't think they'll go for one and if they bring flacco in i can't see them wanting to keep bortles as a backup, just a question of how much damage it will do to the cap if they get rid

Soldato
OP
Josh Gordon taking leave to focus on mental health amid drugs ban report ‏

New England Patriots wide receiver Josh Gordon said on Thursday he is “stepping away from the football field” to focus on his mental health amid reports he’s facing an indefinite suspension for another violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

The 27-year-old announced he would be taking a leave of absence from the five-time Super Bowl champions in a statement on Twitter, saying: “I take my mental health very seriously at this point to ensure I remain able to perform at the highest level. I have recently felt like I could have a better grasp on things mentally. With that said, I will be stepping away from the football field for a bit to focus on my mental health.”

Gordon went on to thank coach Bill Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft and his fans. His absence will hurt the Patriots’ Super Bowl hopes: he had formed a strong partnership with quarterback Tom Brady and New England are not the juggernaut they have been in recent seasons.

Back
Top Bottom