Atlas - new Ark developer Pirate MMO

Soldato
I remember the ARK trailer looking completely different to the game at release.. and even now.

Certainly keep an eye on it though.

Soldato
People are forming massive clans to complete on the 40k+ player server :rolleyes:. I expect lots of anger and disappointment come release day.

Soldato
I'm all for it, but there's no way in hell I'll be buying into early access. Ark was fun, but it just ran so badly. Don't have time for games like that anymore

Soldato
Part of me wants to dive right into this (3k hours in ARK) but I'm hesitant due to how poorly developed ARK was, it took them forever to make the game to an acceptable standard and it certainly wasn't an MMO... Plus the only person I'd want to play this game with is at Uni full time :(

yes, like releasing paid DLC for a game in early access :o:(

still doesn't sit right with me to this day

Scorched Earth was created by a different studio separate from Wildcard in attempt to make back some of the money they lost being wrongfully sued by some company due to a loophole in the law. I don't remember the specifics but it was disgusting. It never bothered me personally as I knew why it happened way before the hate bandwagon formed.

Now basic and core features in ARK being broken to this day on the other hand, that bothers me, plus some baffling design choices like dinos fleeing when their KO meter was above a certain %... Yuck

Associate
Scorched Earth was created by a different studio separate from Wildcard in attempt to make back some of the money they lost being wrongfully sued by some company due to a loophole in the law. I don't remember the specifics but it was disgusting. It never bothered me personally as I knew why it happened way before the hate bandwagon formed.
Couldn't really care any less why/how/who made a dlc. paid DLC for EA products should not exist at all in my opinion.
this doesn't mean i won't be purchasing atlas at all, but i'll most likely hold off till full release for this one if turns out to be good.

Back
Top Bottom