New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
Hey all - I've been running a modded server for the last year, but due to lack of interest and it being a royal pain in the ass to look after, I have repurposed it as a brand new 1.13.2 The Aquatic Update Vanilla server!

There are a few plugins, and as such it's running Spigot. Very few plugins at the moment. There is:

Grief Prevention for landclaims
Ultimate Timber as a tree assist plugin (gotta have that lol!)
Core Protect for block logging and rolling back

We also have a dynmap for easier exploring:

http://themustardseed.mcserver.ws:8123/

There is, at the moment, no warp or home or teleport plugin. Whitelist is on. Connect either 88.150.171.98 or themustardseed.mcserver.ws The server is based in London. There is also a Discord server for chat etc https://discord.gg/Y4VWVzA

Hook me up if you would like to join in. The world is only a few hours old as of this post. Catch you in game. Cheers - Ham

Public Farm List:
Gold Farm (in the Nether access near my base) doubles as a super fast xp farm Gives gold and xp
Generic Mob Farm (Portal in the Nether, or you can fly/boat to it) with two villagers to trade rotten flesh plus a basic nano-farm to grow wheat, potatoes and carrots. Gives Bones, Arrows, Rotten Flash, GunPowder & String and a few witch drops.
Wither Skeleton Farm (in the Nether, there is a rail to it) Wither Skelly Skulls, Coal, Blaze Rods, Bones, Gold, Rotten Flesh and Arrows
Ender Ender for xp and ender pearls
Blaze Farm There's two, one near my place which is restoneless, and one out at Sylvet's place which uses redstone

Farms in progress:
Guardian Farm
Witch Farm

The farms are for all to use, but please be respectful and only take the loot you afk yourself. These farms are very efficient - thanks.
We currently have no central/public villager trade halls, but players are more than welcome to use my villagers at my base. We *may* do a central farm

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If mapped out an area of about 4km all around spawn to give an overview of the world. I'm at 1057 237 near some hills - feel free to come visit, although my place is just a hole in the ground atm.

There is a basic, rough and ready ender xp farm. Access to the End Stronghold is via the Nether. Go through my portal and you'll see it signposted. There is also a passageway to an Ice Spires biome. I hope to have a nether network at some point.

Feel free to join in - cheers - Ham

https://imgur.com/cXCTaLO

cXCTaLO.png

Soldato
OP
So, I've got a basic villager breeder now setup. Managed to transport a few villagers though the Nether via boat. I forgot how annoying that can be! Mending books *should* be coming soon, although I am away for a week or so.

There's an Ice-Boat-Road to the EnderEnder now.

Hope you had a good Chrimbo - feel free to join in! I can still do any whitelist requests! Catch you ig - laters. Ham

Soldato
OP
Not been online as much as I'd like, but I've got a few things done. Iron farm built, complete with flaming Golems!! Rates are ok - 3 stacks of iron ingots p/h

Got a whole load of villagers bred up - keeping the browncoats for slave labor, and trading with the librarians. Still waiting on a mending one though :/

I've got some decent farmer trades, plus a couple of clerics for flesh/gold (goldfarm on its way :p) and a load of Librarians kept. I have a pit of other villagers I'll probably kill, unless anyone wants any to start their own farm?

Anyhoo - feel free to join in! Laters - Ham

HaRaUUG.png

MfYC7OK.png

Associate
Nice map! What did you use to make that? Plugin/mod? Or is there something in Vanilla that can do it? It's been ages since I last played MC!

Soldato
OP
Nice map! What did you use to make that? Plugin/mod? Or is there something in Vanilla that can do it? It's been ages since I last played MC!
TY - it's a mod. There's very few mods out for 1.13.2 right now as Forge (the biggest current API) hasn't updated to 1.13.*, but VoxelMap will run on Rift 1.0.4 which is 1.13.2 compatible. Optifine will also run on Rift.

The large map above was taken from two screen shots of my large map photoshopped together. Yes, I did have to explore that whole area to map it lol! I could have typed the seed into a world viewer, like Amidst, but I feel that's like cheating.

Associate
TY - it's a mod. There's very few mods out for 1.13.2 right now as Forge (the biggest current API) hasn't updated to 1.13.*, but VoxelMap will run on Rift 1.0.4 which is 1.13.2 compatible. Optifine will also run on Rift.

The large map above was taken from two screen shots of my large map photoshopped together. Yes, I did have to explore that whole area to map it lol! I could have typed the seed into a world viewer, like Amidst, but I feel that's like cheating.

I didn't know something like Amidst existed tbh. When we last played vanilla - a few years ago now - we had a mod that covered everywhere the player had been and then it'd also allow us to connect to that players IP and look at their map. Might have been DynMap, but I'm not sure. More recently we've played Better Than Wolves and some other mod that I can't remember the name of.

Soldato
OP
I didn't know something like Amidst existed tbh. When we last played vanilla - a few years ago now - we had a mod that covered everywhere the player had been and then it'd also allow us to connect to that players IP and look at their map. Might have been DynMap, but I'm not sure. More recently we've played Better Than Wolves and some other mod that I can't remember the name of.

The old LinkTart server used to use DynMap. It was useful to see which areas had been explored/looted to avoid visiting the same place other players had already been!

Not seen Better Than Wolves before - looks interesting!

Associate
The old LinkTart server used to use DynMap. It was useful to see which areas had been explored/looted to avoid visiting the same place other players had already been!

Not seen Better Than Wolves before - looks interesting!
Better Than Wolves was good, but it doesn't play ball with other mods on purpose IIRC. I also hated the random respawn upon death, made playing with friends, IMO, a pain. We ended up ignoring the random location thing and used teleport commands to send us back to the other player.

I suppose if there are a fair few of you, you can build lots of way stations with single pillar towers to mark them, but still. Mesh (the other half of what was mack and mesh) streams the game, his Youtube channel has videos on it.

Back
Top Bottom