• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I have a reference V64 (HIS) and use the 8774 BIOS. Again it works for me, but I've noticed that the majority of V64 ref cards don't like the LC BIOS, so in some ways I was lucky as I was waterblocking anyway, in others had I stayed with stock BIOS I would have been lamenting a lemon as it only performed ok if the fan was on max.
Thank you for that, i have a feeling that is the bios i am using (at work cant check right now)
Like i said though my 56 reference i had , loved the lc bios and would run at 1750+ but the eiswolf AIO alphacool ugly thing i had on it broke and the pump died causing my die to die and smell of burnt electricals , very sad, that one was a unicorn
Would still be interested to try a LC bios if there was a particular one that was the best to try.

Also do any of these non reference bios's work on a reference 64? maybe providing better results, have you or anyone tested them?

Associate
Thank you for that, i have a feeling that is the bios i am using (at work cant check right now)
Like i said though my 56 reference i had , loved the lc bios and would run at 1750+ but the eiswolf AIO alphacool ugly thing i had on it broke and the pump died causing my die to die and smell of burnt electricals , very sad, that one was a unicorn
Would still be interested to try a LC bios if there was a particular one that was the best to try.

Also do any of these non reference bios's work on a reference 64? maybe providing better results, have you or anyone tested them?
Did you try the 8774 BIOS? Personally I'd be testing that and the 8892 to see what works. The non-ref's are likely not going to work on ref's, not sure on the consequences of trying. Due to the dual BIOS it's likely to not brick the cards though.

Could be this one is just short on core frequency vs your 56 which does seem like it had a pretty solid core.

Soldato
Did you try the 8774 BIOS? Personally I'd be testing that and the 8892 to see what works. The non-ref's are likely not going to work on ref's, not sure on the consequences of trying. Due to the dual BIOS it's likely to not brick the cards though.

Could be this one is just short on core frequency vs your 56 which does seem like it had a pretty solid core.
Im going to test the 8774 the 8892 and the 8769 bios's tomorrow when i'm home but i suspect you are right it probably just cant reach anything above 1635mhz, this core is the flat resin'd one and the 56 was the one with a higher core to the hbm with no resin. dont know if thats what seperates the good from bad or not, just an observation.

Thank you @TrixX for helping me with this

(Don't know if I should try the non ref bios's or not, maybe someone that has will see this and inform us)

Associate
Im going to test the 8774 the 8892 and the 8769 bios's tomorrow when i'm home but i suspect you are right it probably just cant reach anything above 1635mhz, this core is the flat resin'd one and the 56 was the one with a higher core to the hbm with no resin. dont know if thats what seperates the good from bad or not, just an observation.

Thank you @TrixX for helping me with this

(Don't know if I should try the non ref bios's or not, maybe someone that has will see this and inform us)
I have a 64 with flat resin moulded Core/HBM2, friend got same as your 56 but on a 64 and couldn't OC at all above stock clocks. Undervolting was also problematic for him.

Here's the link for 8892 selection:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...00.008892&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

To get to it under the GPU Brand drop down select Unverified Uploads.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions lads. I will play with it more tomorrow. I would imagine at some point I will be CPU bottle necked, as this rig only has a 4590s in it. I may fit a 10 core BE Xeon into it in the new year, we'll see.

Associate
Hi, first time posting here. Just bought a new sapphire vega64 nitro+. Asked in a Spanish forum and they told me to ask here since Panos should have the same gpu with the Chinese Full Waterblock.
I can't find any info on how this WB performs. I am interested if anyone can confirm which temps you get on core and hbm?
I will post my results after holiday so you can confirm how my gpu actually is performing on air.
Happy Christmas!

Soldato
Pretty much. Though resin does seem to help with hotspot temps from what I've seen. Most having issues with hotspot had non-resin die.
Tried the 8892 bios, now it runs at 1700 - 1785 , in Firestrike ultra for ryzen 2700x and vega 64 i'm 8th in the world :D with a few hours tweaking i could easily beat first, but im fine with 8th.

Thank you so much again, it was just the bios i was on was not the best.

Soldato
Hi, first time posting here. Just bought a new sapphire vega64 nitro+. Asked in a Spanish forum and they told me to ask here since Panos should have the same gpu with the Chinese Full Waterblock.
I can't find any info on how this WB performs. I am interested if anyone can confirm which temps you get on core and hbm?
I will post my results after holiday so you can confirm how my gpu actually is performing on air.
Happy Christmas!

I think I know which blocks you mean. They kinda look like Bitspower rip offs, right?

They look OK to me. Very expensive for a Chinese clone though, IMO.

Edit. Yeah, Byski. Total BP rip off, and $90+ but I will say they do look very well made, and the nickel coating is really nice on them.

Soldato
I've had my Gigabyte Vega 64 for a few days now and am quite disappointed with the coil whine. Just wondering if I should expect at least some, what is considered an acceptable amount, and whether there is much I can do about it, is it something I can complain about or is some accepted as being normal. I've made a quick audio recording with my phone, but not sure there is any point posting that as I guess its impossible to tell from that how loud it is.

Soldato
I've had my Gigabyte Vega 64 for a few days now and am quite disappointed with the coil whine. Just wondering if I should expect at least some, what is considered an acceptable amount, and whether there is much I can do about it, is it something I can complain about or is some accepted as being normal. I've made a quick audio recording with my phone, but not sure there is any point posting that as I guess its impossible to tell from that how loud it is.
A member a few pages back suggests run a benchmark loop of something with very high fps for a few hours or overnight and that helps with reducing the coil wine
Hope it helps for you

Back
Top Bottom