• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Rolls Out Holiday Gift for Pascal Cards Owners – OC Scanner Now Available in MSI Afterburner

Associate
On my 1080ti it tuned to 1949mhz @ 1.050v ~60c, a lot more conservative compared to my usual 2025mhz @ 1.025v. Abit dissapointed but not really surprised.

Soldato
Well I've run it but not yet been able to test the settings to see what performance is like.
My manual overclock is +125/700.

It seems to have pegged me at about +135-140, regardless of memory OC so will be interesting to see which profile offers me best performance, original or either the curve without memory overclock or curve with.

Soldato
OC Scanner has me at a higher overclock than what I thought was stable.

I'm guessing tweaking the curve is better than a simple offset. Will find out I guess when playing games.

Soldato
Currently scanning on my Titan X Pascal now. I'm not expecting miracles as I normally run at 1950mhz @ 0.925v as it's the best blend of performance/temps without hitting power limit.

The guide on MSI says to slide everything to the max and then scan so can imagine getting results back that will often hit the power limit on my card but I'll wait and see.

The app got mine too 2100 for the core and 5540 for the ram.
So not bad for a auto ocverclock.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not had the time to do mine yet. You using reference cooler?

What do you do to set it up before starting the scan? I heard about checking the unlock voltage boxes. I usually never bother touching those.

Soldato
Why has it been released as an MSI tool rather than packaged up by Nvidia?

Also if you apply the overclock settings is it easy to revert back to stock?

I assume you have to have MSI afterburner running all the time in order for the settings to apply?

---

If your card is factory overclocked do you leave it at it's current clocks and run the tool? Can you easily revert back to the factory overclock?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not had the time to do mine yet. You using reference cooler?

What do you do to set it up before starting the scan? I heard about checking the unlock voltage boxes. I usually never bother touching those.

I have a Alphacool Eiswolf 120 cooler on. Never gets higher than 40c now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have a Alphacool Eiswolf 120 cooler on. Never gets higher than 40c now.
Your OC makes sense now. Lol.

Might slap one of those on mine once the warranty period ends in August. Not like I am playing anything right now that even makes my fans spin up crazy, so I am happy at the moment :)

Soldato
Your OC makes sense now. Lol.

Might slap one of those on mine once the warranty period ends in August. Not like I am playing anything right now that even makes my fans spin up crazy, so I am happy at the moment :)

Nice one :)

I added a Alphacool Eisbaer 280 CPU for my 8700K. The cooler has a re-fill point and a pump.
The alphacool pipes just twist together. So now I have 2 rads and 2 pumps :D

Soldato
Made no difference, still +93Mhz lol...

Silly question but did you click apply? It gave me +209 on my Titan P (2016) at stock volts instead of +200 and +.025 volts so quite happy with that. Did the test at default settings and applied men overclock manually. Now to see if it’s BF5 stable.

I’ll try again playing about with the sliders 1st as well

Caporegime
Silly question but did you click apply? It gave me +209 on my Titan P (2016) at stock volts instead of +200 and +.025 volts so quite happy with that. Did the test at default settings and applied men overclock manually. Now to see if it’s BF5 stable.

I’ll try again playing about with the sliders 1st as well

I reset it during runs, i think the temperatures did it in place of the power curve, hitting 75c the volts went from 1050mv to 1010mv, as it does with Pascal after about 65c it starts lowering the volts and the clock rates with it.

Soldato

Did the OC scanner apply the RAM overclock? Mine didn't touch the RAM at all.

Mine topped out around 2100 too but when running firestrike extreme will bounce around between 2030-2100 depending if its hitting the power limit or not. Overall I'm pretty impressed, it seemed to find a stable overclock very close to the maximum I know mine can do without any of the trial and error you would normally have to do.

Best of all on its curve it put 1950Mhz @ 0.925 the same overclock I normally run so it seems at least on my card that you could pick any voltage point, flatten the curve and run it there.

Soldato
Did the OC scanner apply the RAM overclock? Mine didn't touch the RAM at all.

Mine topped out around 2100 too but when running firestrike extreme will bounce around between 2030-2100 depending if its hitting the power limit or not. Overall I'm pretty impressed, it seemed to find a stable overclock very close to the maximum I know mine can do without any of the trial and error you would normally have to do.

Best of all on its curve it put 1950Mhz @ 0.925 the same overclock I normally run so it seems at least on my card that you could pick any voltage point, flatten the curve and run it there.

I have just checked and you are right. EVGA precision put my ram at that clock.
must have loaded it(EVGA app) before trying the scanner :o

Soldato
Will the values this program sets be affected or change between driver versions?

In other words, todays values based on todays driver may not be correct/stable using tomorrows or future drivers.

Ideally run the scanner everytime the driver changes I suspect for max OCD. :p

Back
Top Bottom