What tyres? Road use.

Soldato
Hi all,
Bike is CBR 600 F 1999.

Lot of modest road riding and pillion riding. Try to do fast road riding but roads are getting worse.

Need new tyres after the rear has been squared off. Thinking Pirelli Diablo Strada and the like.
I was sure I put a thread on here but couldn't find one.

Soldato
This depends what you want from the tyre. Are you purely a summer rider when the bike only comes out in sunshine? Or are you an all weather biker?

I ride all year round and use pilot road tyres and I'm really happy with them. At the moment I have a Pilot road 5 on the back and a PR3 on the front. Then the front wears down I'll put a PR5 on.

Soldato
Hi all,
Bike is CBR 600 F 1999.

Lot of modest road riding and pillion riding. Try to do fast road riding but roads are getting worse.

Need new tyres after the rear has been squared off. Thinking Pirelli Diablo Strada and the like.
I was sure I put a thread on here but couldn't find one.

You sound like me, Michelin Pilot road are superb I've ran them on my bikes for years now

Soldato
Michelin Road 5's here too. Picked them up at the start of the 2018 season and have had decent usage out of them this year. Outstanding grip, excellent feedback as in they give you bags of confidence. Seem to be wearing well too. I'm not the fastest on the road but I'm err.....'brisk' in terms of making progress and so far I'd say buy them again when these ones wear out.

Oh, and bike is a Gen 1 Aprilia Mille.

Man of Honour
Michelin Road 5 are bloody fantastic, especially at this time of year. I’ve been doing a lot of miles lately in the cold and wet early hours of the morning and they really have made the bike much more stable and confidence inspiring.

Soldato
Nothing but high praise for the road 5, got them on mine and they are brilliant.

I'm running a 55 profile so different to most, the 55 gives a higher surface area for cornering.

Man of Honour
I think the general consensus in the UK seeing as its wet 80% of the time, is that Road 5 or the metzeler 01 are the best.

I find the Roadtec 01 great even in the mountain passes at temperatures up to 35C. For road use it's hard to beat both of those tyres for the combination of grip (dry and wet) and wear.

Edit: Looks like I'm repeating my earlier comments in this thread :p

Man of Honour
If we're going there... The m7rr is a bit skippy on gravel. The older mezzler z8 though works fine on the same road. It could be the rider that makes the difference though...

Yeah that was cheap... Seriously mz01 or pr5, they seem like the best fastish road ride tyres with good wear.

The z8 was a bit pants on hairpins though, eh? :p

Man of Honour
Yup. Pr5 must be the best.

Actually rear z8 on my k1300r is shot but front is fine so I'll probably cheap out again and just not go for the 01 or pr5... Following my own advice!

If you stopped trying to wheelie the thing then the tyres might last a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom