Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/20/samsung-backtracked-time-limit-free-galaxy-themes/

We reported last month that Samsung would implement a time limit for free Galaxy themes with Android Pie. A notice was sent out through the Samsung Themes store to inform users that they would only be able to use free themes for fourteen days after they’re applied.

However, it appears that Samsung has backtracked on implementing a time limit on free themes. There no mention of the fourteen day trial in the app anymore when applying a free theme on a device with the Android Pie beta.

Might just be the beta tho

Soldato
How much do you guys use the S Pen ?

I had the Note 8 before my note 9 and I used to always be using the S pen mainly when I was out somewhere to browse the net/facebook/forums etc
But for some strange reason I don't think I have used the S pen on my note 9 once as am always forgetting it got an S pen most the time which is a bit strange due to that I owned the note 8 before it..

Associate
It's the novelty that hasn't worn off for me. Especially in my job inspecting and servicing vehicles went paperless, no longer do I have multiple scraps of paper in my top pocket to transfer notes over to the pc in the office (and I don't get moaned at for having my phone out at work no more ;)).

This phone with the S pen has been a godsend. Outside of work I use it for the quick shopping visits as I always write on a note pad or use a note pad app on previous phones.

Functionality wise I don't use it for browsing, or any specific apps. I have used it for remote photo taking, but that's about it.

I guess if you're a previous note user then the novelty may have worn thin, but it's my first note and yes it's epic. :)

Associate
https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/20/samsung-backtracked-time-limit-free-galaxy-themes/

We reported last month that Samsung would implement a time limit for free Galaxy themes with Android Pie. A notice was sent out through the Samsung Themes store to inform users that they would only be able to use free themes for fourteen days after they’re applied.

However, it appears that Samsung has backtracked on implementing a time limit on free themes. There no mention of the fourteen day trial in the app anymore when applying a free theme on a device with the Android Pie beta.

Might just be the beta tho

Could be just the beta. I'm on beta 3 on an S9 Plus and theme store seems to be working now. As night mode doesn't seem to stick using Nova Launcher I'm using the free High Contrast 2 theme and had no problems to date re-applying and hasn't timed out. It does say when going to apply any free theme that I can use it for 0 days. Just apply the theme anyway and it just works. Otherwise Pie on the S9 is shaping up OK, mostly..

Associate
Seen a deal today for the Note 9 128gb for £699 , including a free wireless charger. Is that a good deal?

I'm not sure about upgrading, currently have an S7 and this seems like it might be "too big" in terms of a jump in size. Questioning whether i really need a stylus/bigger screen when i have a tablet.

Have the camera issues been resolved with indoor photography?

Soldato
OP
Final Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie update possibly coming by January 15
Now, it’s worth mentioning that Samsung Turkey is listing the 15th day of the month for each device: January 15th for the Galaxy Note 9 and February 15th for the Galaxy S8, S8+, and Galaxy Note 8. Samsung Turkey also has a history of changing the dates on its update roadmaps. That said, since Samsung has been so quick with the Android Pie update for the Galaxy S9 in some markets, it’s totally possible the final Galaxy Note 9 Pie update may indeed start rolling out by mid-January.

The January 15th date may just be for Turkey and a few other markets, though. It remains to be seen when the worldwide release for both the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9 will happen, and we can only hope Samsung doesn’t take a lot of time for that after the impressively quick initial release of the S9 update in some countries.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/2...ndroid-pie-update-possibly-coming-january-15/

Caporegime
I'll eat my hat if it's the 15th for elsewhere, was a little annoyed the supposedly official release calendar had the Note 9`s Pie update a month after the S9.

@pinkpound recently did a clear cache so reset it is.

Soldato
I had similar issues but I decided to install package disabler pro and after disabling a lot of the recommended bloat apps my phone has been performing exceptional.

Getting 7-8 hours SoT and along with the December update no longer getting any app crashes or the likes.

Really looking forward to what One UI has to offer later this month.

Caporegime
Another issue I keep forgetting to flag on here - the telephoto lens. Mine does that under water effect when trying 2x, sometimes it resolves itself and others it doesn't.

Any one else experience a similar thing?

Back
Top Bottom