Progression in racing games (possible rose tinted content)

Caporegime
Games cater for the dumb 10 minute attention spam of the ZOMG generation these days. Games have gone down the pan big time.

I wouldn't say they have gone down the pan, but a cursory glance at achievements definitely tells you a lot about gamers habits.

1/5 players who booted up Forza Horizon 4 didn't even complete the opening races to start the game properly

Soldato
The MSR comments made me dig out my copy. It hasn't aged as well as you're all remembering :p

6y7dEf6l.jpg
G6JdMval.jpg
mzIK0zil.jpg

The handling is very heavy, insensitive and vague. It is hard to tell when the car is at its limits and you're about to spin out - it just snaps (and this is in a lowly MX5!). This would be fine if it didn't punish you for contact with other cars and walls. You can't re-do races without losing the points you've already earned (grinding, but with the added risk that you won't actually get a better score than the previous run). The Kudos system is just not as good as simply winning money through simple 1st 2nd 3rd place racing.

Graphics are nice though! Especially on VGA.

I still want to play some more though...

Soldato
I still want to know how to get the fast purple version of the concept car in the original Gran Turismo. I gold medalled everything in that game, including all the driving tests, yet my useless mate had the fast concept car and I didn't :mad:

Soldato
I still want to know how to get the fast purple version of the concept car in the original Gran Turismo. I gold medalled everything in that game, including all the driving tests, yet my useless mate had the fast concept car and I didn't :mad:

Im sure i got that car as reward but it was diffrent colour

Back
Top Bottom