What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Huh... Didn't see that one coming!

Whats next?

Yeah, to be honest, I thought making it faster etc would make me like it more, but I think I’ve lost the drive for that sort of thing. I thought it was a good time to get rid of it as the prices on these have dropped massively. It also saved me having young hooligans wanting to test drive and waste my time in actually not buying it.

I’ve pretty much got my mind set on buying an old crappy bmw diesel and just running it till it sort of becomes uneconomical to do so.

There isn’t any performance car I want as of the moment, again, I’ve just lost the drive for that sort of thing now.

hux

hux

Soldato
I have the usual Civic clunk coming from under the middle of the car, happens at any load and speed.
It's not the steering as that feels totally fine.
Did the arb bushes and droplinks but still there.

So over the next couple days I'll be doing both struts except for the springs,
I'm hoping it's the top mounts, as it's getting worse I'm thinking it is something rubber going.

Plus my left driveshaft is leaking so both will be done as well.
All parts are oe or close as, might cut the bump stop short as they're known for causing issues.

It'll be easy work, just time consuming.

hux

hux

Soldato
Usual? But guessing what it is?

My money would be on the lower balljoint.
Well there a list you go through going from the looks of things, as it seems clunking on a civic could be anything.
I've done all the usual checks, but couldn't find anything out of order.
The steering is dead on, if it was the lower ball joint the car would wander I'd imagine.
Plus I'd have to replace the whole wishbone as the lower is pressed in.

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Perhaps, but it came on pretty fast that's for sure.
I have a wishbone on my list just in case, for now I'll stick with the struts.

hux

hux

Soldato
Thanks, turms out the rh balljoint is fine, least for a good few months as is the tie rod.
The clunk sounded like it was under the car, only on the rh being pushed it happemed.
Anyway gotta wait on a 36mm cocket for the driveshaft.

Soldato
Did the mot for the buyer of the focus st. Passed with no advisories. I wish the dvla would hurry up with the v5 with the old plate on. Attempted it online but due to it being untaxed sometime in the last 5 years I had to send a form and the v5 in.

:-/

Soldato
Its going in for its annual service and mot a month early (need to cut down on mileage). I've been quoted £150 for the service but no doubt they'll find all sorts of extra stuff to do that'll triple the price. Also accident repair at the end of the month had a prang over xmas nothing serious replacement bumper but I've got £330 excess to pay. Ouch. I'll check policy wording more carefully next time. What with that and a speeding ticket last time I think I may take the train instead for breaks in future it'll probably work out a good deal cheaper!

At least the car tax is negligible.

Associate
Paid the T5's £315 car tax :(
Ordered S60R clutch kit + input shaft bearing
Received a quote from a well reviewed body shop to respray the drivers rear
Looking at refurbishing the wheels too, then I think I'll be happy with it :)

Dropped off girlfriends Clio at lunch to be looked at, few clunking noises coming from under the car but I refuse to work on it anymore, engine bay/everything on that car is a PITA to work on.

Caporegime
Paid the T5's £315 car tax :(
Ordered S60R clutch kit + input shaft bearing
Received a quote from a well reviewed body shop to respray the drivers rear
Looking at refurbishing the wheels too, then I think I'll be happy with it :)

Dropped off girlfriends Clio at lunch to be looked at, few clunking noises coming from under the car but I refuse to work on it anymore, engine bay/everything on that car is a PITA to work on.

Missus rang me on break today. Saab has gone up to 315 aswell :(. 4 years ago it was only 280! My insurance quote for this year is £194. In the not too distant future I will be paying double tax over insurance!

Associate
Missus rang me on break today. Saab has gone up to 315 aswell :(. 4 years ago it was only 280! My insurance quote for this year is £194. In the not too distant future I will be paying double tax over insurance!

Getting ridiculous isn't it. Roads get worse every year yet still we pay more :mad:

IMO, I think it's about time car tax was made mileage based, yes I have a fairly big engine that kicks out more emissions but I only do 4k a year in it. I expect someone doing 10k+ in an eco box chucks out far more pollutants than me and only pays £30 and they wear the roads out faster than me!

Associate
Replaced the Ignition Coils because they looked knackered.

sDJeFmC.jpg
TfVwNrO

Associate
Seems like an odd thing to do if the car was still running alright. :p

It's having a wobbler at the moment, was getting misfire codes and engine warning light popping up so was hoping changing the coils would sort it. Misfire codes have now gone but its showing fuel pressure errors again so I assume the fuel pump is knackered, which I'm sure Mini will take the absolute **** with even though they're under extended warranty in the US :mad:

Back
Top Bottom