***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
I raided my mum's loft over Xmas and found my 2 massive boxes of lego i had when i was a kid. Loads of sets and technic stuff in it. Cleaned it all up and am currently 90% of the way through building my old 8865 test car technics kit using instructions online. Me and the wife have got really into it and the kids love it, so glad i got it out.

Looks like i'm missing 2 wheels and the piston blocks for the engine, where is the best place to get old spares?

Try Bricklink, you can usually get most on there.

Caporegime
Does anyone have both the Ferrari and Bugatti and if so, which one would you recommend as to build first? Been thinking of buying both for some time now, just can't decide which one! :o
The F40 is end of life and is a creator model, no moving parts or technic elements like working steering. The Bugatti has the engine, steering and wing and is much bigger

Caporegime
0m87P7n.jpg
Bag 2 of the chiron.
Amazing set. Probably the most 'wow, someone came up with this?!' ive built.

Beats the falcon ucs in terms of complexity!
Can't believe its my first technic set!

Associate
Just finished the Mini. My first proper Lego build in years. Surprisingly fun and relaxing. Now I've ordered the Porsche 911 RSR, and I'm tempted by the Bugatti after seeing the build progress in here. :p

T6WDf6A.jpg

Soldato
The F40 is end of life and is a creator model, no moving parts or technic elements like working steering. The Bugatti has the engine, steering and wing and is much bigger
Ops, my bad here. I was referring to the Porsche, not the Ferrari. Shouldn't typed the question on the mobile phone without having checked the stuff I'm talking about. :o

So... Porsche 911 GT3 RS (42056) or the Bugatti Chiron (42083) .. Which one to start with ??

Caporegime
Ops, my bad here. I was referring to the Porsche, not the Ferrari. Shouldn't typed the question on the mobile phone without having checked the stuff I'm talking about. :o

So... Porsche 911 GT3 RS (42056) or the Bugatti Chiron (42083) .. Which one to start with ??

I believe the porsche is end of life and the chiron isn't. So you'll be paying over the odds for the porsche.

You can get the chiron for under 250
I think the porsche is not far off and much less in piece count

Soldato
I believe the porsche is end of life and the chiron isn't. So you'll be paying over the odds for the porsche.

You can get the chiron for under 250
I think the porsche is not far off and much less in piece count
I see. And yes, just checked and the Porsche is saying Retiring Soon. Over here the Bugatti costs around £280 and the Porsche is £198, rough numbers. And yeah, the Porsche is 2700 pieces, while the Bugatti is 3600 ish. Might go for the Porsche then since it soon retiring and all. Hmmm maybe... :o

Caporegime
I see. And yes, just checked and the Porsche is saying Retiring Soon. Over here the Bugatti costs around £280 and the Porsche is £198, rough numbers. And yeah, the Porsche is 2700 pieces, while the Bugatti is 3600 ish. Might go for the Porsche then since it soon retiring and all. Hmmm maybe... :o

Im also considering the porsche. But I'm not paying 200 for it!
It is obviously already increasing in value as before it could be had as low as 140.

I trying ty find someone in gumtree/ebay selling one.

Soldato
Well... I went out and got the Porsche ! :eek: Now before starting building it just got to figure out where to put it once it is built. Was going to have it in my book case but seems it be to big for it so have to figure out something else. :p

UMJ5r3Y.jpg

Soldato
Maybe, I figure something out. For the moment the Porsche is standing on the living room table, luckily I live alone so it wont be in danger there. And yeah, what I said above is no longer valid, my fingers itched and before I know it I had started building it and it was like 3-4 am. :o So finished it not long ago, was lot of fun to build, did only 2 misplaced bricks and I didn't think the instructions on connecting the doors was to brilliant, but figured it out once it was all built and sorted them out so now they more stable then preciously. Looking forward to build the Bugatti end of next month !

Soldato
Now before starting building it just got to figure out where to put it once it is built. Was going to have it in my book case but seems it be to big for it so have to figure out something else. :p
Nail it to the wall, that's what I did. :p

LegoLoft03.jpg

Which reminds me I need to put some more shelves up there.

Soldato
Nail it to the wall, that's what I did. :p

LegoLoft03.jpg

Which reminds me I need to put some more shelves up there.
See i wouldn't be able to see my creations if i did that as i don't go in the loft that much. I have put an order in for the mrs to get me a chiron for my birthday as a stepping stone to the falcon. Impressive amount of models though, just dont think about how much they cost lol.

Caporegime
I think pretty much all of them have been picked up via a sale in some form or another so they are probably worth more now than I paid for them. Although I do have them logged within the Brickset site and the total RRP isn't as bad as I expected.

That's the way to do it.
Wait for a sale.
Got my spare falcon during a smyths toys sale for 530. Itll never be cheaper!

Back
Top Bottom