Budget Build - £700

Soldato
Haha it's honestly fine. Not my money after all. And we don't get commission from ocuk if they sell or don't sell stuff.
Though it reminds me of the chap that wanted an 8 core bulldozer on a super old am3 board with bargain basement vrms...

haha , yeah that influencer program ocuk run is a bit lacking , specially when its only on other platforms .

hopefully OP heeds to your words and spec !

Associate
OP
Im not ignoring @tamzzy advice. Just the custom build spec'd was knocking on £800.
I know it only comes with 8gb Ram, but that will be enough for now with option to upgrade later when new funds become available.
Main use will be standard home/office use with the odd bit of gaming.
As for SSD, already called OCUK to amend the order and remove the 2TB HDD in favor of an M.2 SSD.

Yes the PSU is not the greatest, but again, that can easily be upgraded at a later stage to modular when more £ come available.

Soldato
Im not ignoring @tamzzy advice. Just the custom build spec'd was knocking on £800.
I know it only comes with 8gb Ram, but that will be enough for now with option to upgrade later when new funds become available.
Main use will be standard home/office use with the odd bit of gaming.
As for SSD, already called OCUK to amend the order and remove the 2TB HDD in favor of an M.2 SSD.

Yes the PSU is not the greatest, but again, that can easily be upgraded at a later stage to modular when more £ come available.

mentioned before hand , under £600

avoid m.2 SSD , specially if its NVMe standard . unless your doing workloads and processing a LOT of data, standard SATA 2 SSD will do fine! :)

psu on sale for £60

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-131-bq.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom