Needed an estate - got a V10 Audi S6...

Associate
My Kia is quicker but sounds like a food blender: your V10 sounds amazing, and 4wd is always handy.
A great car if you aren’t doing too many miles or you have your own petrol refinery in the back garden :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Always wanted one of these, but was somewhat put off after my V6 version turned out to be a money pit: I can't imagine upgrading to the S model would help matters :p

Keep us updated with how you get on with it :)

Soldato
I'm surprised people still bother getting out of bed for anything less than 440bhp. I'd feel like I really hadn't made it in life.

440hp isn't a bad number on paper. But its not a lot of HP per liter (even for a NA engine) in a car weighing as much as an oil tanker :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Always wanted one of these, but was somewhat put off after my V6 version turned out to be a money pit: I can't imagine upgrading to the S model would help matters :p

Keep us updated with how you get on with it :)
How much of it was engine-related? Yours was a pre-facelift as well wasn't it? I've got a late facelift lowly 2.0TDI, but other than a dodgy pressure sensor, it's been utterly flawless in 3.5 years and 50,000 miles. But I suppose one shouldn't compare the 2nd-bottom of the range with the 2nd-top of the range :o

Anyway, TTIUWP!

Soldato
How much of it was engine-related? Yours was a pre-facelift as well wasn't it? I've got a late facelift lowly 2.0TDI, but other than a dodgy pressure sensor, it's been utterly flawless in 3.5 years and 50,000 miles. But I suppose one shouldn't compare the 2nd-bottom of the range with the 2nd-top of the range :o

Anyway, TTIUWP!

Wait until closer to 100k miles. After 80k is when mine and few friend's Audis started to go expensively wrong :p

Soldato

Anyway, TTIUWP!

Engine was fine, my problems were all electrical / gearbox related. It was a pre facelift though, and I may well have got a lemon. When it worked it was actually a really nice car: I just expected better in terms of reliability. I'm no stranger to buying older, potential troublesome premium cars and don't expect totally trouble free motoring or I'd have bought a Corolla, but it was really a nightmare.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Engine was fine, my problems were all electrical / gearbox related. It was a pre facelift though, and I may well have got a lemon. When it worked it was actually a really nice car: I just expected better in terms of reliability. I'm no stranger to buying older, potential troublesome premium cars and don't expect totally trouble free motoring or I'd have bought a Corolla, but it was really a nightmare.
Sounds about right. I got a manual because I wouldn't touch Audi auto boxes from that era with a barge pole. Just look at the amount of S-Tronic failure posts on here :p

Back
Top Bottom