New NSX - anyone driven one?

Caporegime
Watched it last night, I love Tiff but felt that was a poor review of both cars really. basically both of them saying wow and would put safe money on the 911.

Agree x2 on the above.

Very excited for the test drive.

My concern is the noise, the V6 worries me that it will be slightly "anti climatic" and all the youtube videos in the world aren't really helping it's case.

I say that but of course if someone offered me a Porsche I'd take it. But I'm sure the Honda can be made to sound good with an exhaust or some mods ?

Soldato
OP
I say that but of course if someone offered me a Porsche I'd take it. But I'm sure the Honda can be made to sound good with an exhaust or some mods ?

From what I’ve read, the quicksilver option is what people often go for. However for the money involved you’d think it would sound better.

Hopefully Irl it will be all good.

Soldato
Watched it last night, I love Tiff but felt that was a poor review of both cars really. basically both of them saying wow and would put safe money on the 911.

Agree x2 on the above.

Very excited for the test drive.

My concern is the noise, the V6 worries me that it will be slightly "anti climatic" and all the youtube videos in the world aren't really helping it's case.

It's a typical British motoring review. Absolute delight at driving a Japanese performance car (look at Tiffs face driving the NSX). But they will still always pick a Euro (usually German) make, because its Euro and the other is Japanese so deemed not good enough.

I think the sound of the NSX will be fine, it won't have that orgasmic screaming V6 VTEC song, but it sounds nice & throaty in the video, bet its a bit better in the flesh. But all these modern turbo engines just seem to sound very tamed by nature.

Caporegime
It's a typical British motoring review. Absolute delight at driving a Japanese performance car (look at Tiffs face driving the NSX). But they will still always pick a Euro (usually German) make, because its Euro and the other is Japanese so deemed not good enough.

Shock as a car built in Europe for Europeans appeals more to Europeans tastes.

Soldato
Damn, £150k?! On a V6 Honda. Are you feeling alright, OP? :o

I'm not sure why, but I always thought they were about £80-100, or was that the first gen?

I don't get these type of thinking. Would it be worth 150k if it was the same car but say with a BMW or McLaren badge on it? That 150k is buying you cutting edge technology and engineering. What other supercar has that kind of tech & engineering the NSX has in that price range?

Honda as a company is unique amongst the major car manufacturers, has an illustrious history & heritage, yet somehow in peoples mind its still not good enough.

People also used to dismiss the original NSX when it was still in production, it got its praises, but was hugely under-rated for what it was. Then after it went out of production it suddenly became one of the motoring gods. The world is very fickle.

Soldato
They do look nicer than other modern Hondas (Civic lol). But I don't know why Honda like shiny black plastic so much, it makes the front bumper look cheap.

Associate
I am very curious to know how you get on with the test drive, I think the NSX is a stunning looking car and a proper supercar in terms of presence. It is also quite compact despite the elecrric gubbins.

I did ask Honda if I could have a go but they said no :(

Soldato
OP
Ok guys, pics to follow but a short synopsis below. I have driven the AMG GTC, Huracan LP-610, R8 V10 (gen2)plus recently for reference:

Right boys.

Pros:
- amazing looks, honestly pics don’t it justice
- handling, wow. Shouldn’t surprised as it’s a Honda but decimated the R8/Huracan here.
- pliability, you can use all the power all the time and it’s easy as hell.
- car feels light to drive around despite kerb weigh and visibility is best in class.
- rarity, jdm points etc
- interior is very nice despite mixed reviews imo

Cons:
- sound isn’t the best, hardly any exhaust noise.
- brake feel is weird(they aren’t actually connected)
- doesn’t actually “feel” that fast
- cost, more £££ than an R8 or AMG GTC
- gearbox isn’t as fast as R8/Huracan
- flappy paddles are made of kinder toy grade plastic

Soldato
OP
32826186478_5d4542aaaa_b.jpg

32826185938_896c390ccf_b.jpg

31759694187_91cf1c5efd_b.jpg

Untitled by nathan proudfoot, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
Seems lacking in the noise department. Last thing you want to be doing when you're in super car territory is have a list of things you want to change when you buy the car.

Back
Top Bottom