Z390 Aorus Owners thread

Man of Honour
You guys with the higher specced boards above my Pro, do you have any software for your onboard audio at all? The Pro has none apart from the driver itself so no equaliser, no sound modes or anything. This is the first board I have ever had with no software for the onboard sound and it's letting the board down. They make such a big deal of the sound chip in the marketing gumph then don't supply any software to get the best out of it. I am leaning towards sticking my Soundblaster Z back in.

Soldato
On the Ultra here, just running up to date realtek HD drivers/software.
I downloaded latest rather than installed from disk. The Drivers/software comes with Realtek audio console which gives all the control settings, equaliser and such. when in Realtek Audio console, the advanced settings can be found under playback devices, scroll down for more advanced settings.

Man of Honour
Re-installed the driver and even downloaded the driver from your boards downloads as it's the same audio and still the same. Nothing but the Realtek HD Audio driver installs, no audio console or anything. To set up my speakers I have to go into Windows sound properties.

Associate
Re-installed the driver and even downloaded the driver from your boards downloads as it's the same audio and still the same. Nothing but the Realtek HD Audio driver installs, no audio console or anything. To set up my speakers I have to go into Windows sound properties.

I have a pro w wifi board also. Same thing. All audio is controlled by windows. I really thought I was missing something.

In all seriousness, I hate that I bought this board.

Man of Honour
The Master and Extreme have higher end audio so I would expect some differences. The Designare and Ultra have the same audio as the Pro although they have a Audio Console installed with the drivers so there must be some difference as I have even tried the drivers for those boards and they are exactly the same as the Pro audio driver. Pretty poor really. The Pro is hardly a bargain basement board and for one that costs nearly £190 at it's proper price I would expect a lot more. What with this and the terrible bios I guess I won't be buying Gigabyte again.

Associate
Stupid question - Have you tried typing Audio console into the start menu search ? (Just checking its definately not installed and you just havnt noticed)

Man of Honour
No results found for Audio Console. There is nothing but the drivers installed, trust me, I have checked every damn folder thoroughly. I am going to wait and see what AMD's new releases are like and make a choice to jump ship or just install my Soundblaster Z. It's not just the sound that's letting the board down, it's the terrible bios as well.

Man of Honour
Righty Ho, I have successfully finally got Realtek HD Audio Manager. It would appear that this is something else that a Windows 10 update broke and nothing to do with Gigabyte. First off, this is not my fix. I found it after doing several searches for this problem and it would seem that it's very common. The solution I found that worked for me was a combination of two replies in a thread on Tom's Guide.

Step1

First of all, make sure you have the latest driver installed
1) go to Task manager -> Start-up -> make sure Realtek is enabled
2) open Device Manager ( type in search bar ''device manager'' )
3) go to Sound, video and game controllers
4) right click Realtek High Definition Audio
5) choose Update driver
6) choose Browse my computer for driver software
7) choose Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
8) choose the latest (by date) and then click Next

That has worked for some people but it still didn't work for me even after a restart so I kept reading and found this:-

Step 2

Go to C/Program Files/Realtek/Audio/HDA and double click on RtkNGUI64 which should start the Audio Manager.

This worked for me but I still can't get it to start with Windows so after a restart I have to click on the .exe again to get it running. Just to reiterate, this is not my fix but a combination of a pair of posts in the thread I linked to above.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I now have it running at start up. All I had to do was add a shortcut for Realtek HD Audio Manager to my start folder. You need to have hidden folders viewable. If you don't know how to do that you type Folder into the search panel on the taskbar and hit enter. This will bring up the File Explorer options. Click on View and then put a tick in the box next to Show hidden files, folders and drives. You should now be able to view hidden folders. Next type Run in the search panel, hit enter and then type shell:startup into the Run box and click OK. This will take you to your Startup folder. Open a second File Explorer window and navigate to the location of RtkNGUI64. It should be something like C/Program Files/Realtek/Audio/HDA. Right click on RtkNGUI64 and select create shortcut and then drag that shortcut into your startup folder. Realtek HD Audio Manager should now start with Windows. It worked for me anyway.

A lot of you will probably know how to do this but I had no idea until I looked it up on the net. Again it's not my fix, I just found this method on the net and it works for me so I thought it may be useful to others on here that also didn't know how to do this.

Associate
I now have it running at start up. All I had to do was add a shortcut for Realtek HD Audio Manager to my start folder. You need to have hidden folders viewable. If you don't know how to do that you type Folder into the search panel on the taskbar and hit enter. This will bring up the File Explorer options. Click on View and then put a tick in the box next to Show hidden files, folders and drives. You should now be able to view hidden folders. Next type Run in the search panel, hit enter and then type shell:startup into the Run box and click OK. This will take you to your Startup folder. Open a second File Explorer window and navigate to the location of RtkNGUI64. It should be something like C/Program Files/Realtek/Audio/HDA. Right click on RtkNGUI64 and select create shortcut and then drag that shortcut into your startup folder. Realtek HD Audio Manager should now start with Windows. It worked for me anyway.

A lot of you will probably know how to do this but I had no idea until I looked it up on the net. Again it's not my fix, I just found this method on the net and it works for me so I thought it may be useful to others on here that also didn't know how to do this.

I tried last night and couldn't get it to work. When i double click the file it just does nothing and nothing new shows up. I'll try again over the weekend when I have more time.

On a side note, HWINFO is hit n miss with the showing VR Vout which is the accurate voltage reading on gigabyte boards. It'd be nice to have that working at all times also.

Associate
I tried last night and couldn't get it to work. When i double click the file it just does nothing and nothing new shows up. I'll try again over the weekend when I have more time.

On a side note, HWINFO is hit n miss with the showing VR Vout which is the accurate voltage reading on gigabyte boards. It'd be nice to have that working at all times also.

Ive found if I have ANY of the Gigabyte apps / APP Centre installed, HWinfo does not show me VRVout - If they are not installed it shows me it, plus a few other readouts every time

Man of Honour
Is this just by going off the memory support lists or have you actually tried them? I would be really surprised if they didn't work with Corsair memory as I have found Corsair memory to be very good when it comes to motherboard compatibility. Board manufacturers rarely update their memory support lists as it would be a never ending task with the vast range of memory available. Corsair Vengeance RGB Series memory is on the RGB Fusion ready list as well so it should work.

Back
Top Bottom