Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Mine is a 987.2 S with PDK and PASM, if you're happy with the standard suspension then I don't think it's worth changing just for that. Sport mode is a bit firm for poor road surfaces - there's a nice wee diagram here. PDK is a much bigger change obviously and mostly down to personal preference, mine is my only car too and with the switchable options it's pretty comfortable and practical in urban traffic but quite transformed with the Sport stuff selected :). Xenons are pretty good, but I don't know what the standard headlights are like - I believe there is even an LED aftermarket option now though!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I have just been informed that PTS is now available and they have a April build slot should I want it.

They have gone to find out about the buckets for me.

Soldato
Excellent. Are you 100% convinced you want to move to the 911? Life’s about experiences and trying new things, but personally having had all of them, I prefer the size and balance of the Cayman.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Excellent. Are you 100% convinced you want to move to the 911? Life’s about experiences and trying new things, but personally having had all of them, I prefer the size and balance of the Cayman.

It is a itch I want to scratch but at the same time every time I drive the GTS and due to the NA nature of car I get out like a exited little kid.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'll see what he comes back with in the morning but PTS and Buckets are a deal breaker for me, as I find the folding buckets very comfy.

I guess it also confirms my 991.2 GTS order is no more, I'll find out if there is any paper work to sign for that as well tomorrow.

Man of Honour
992 order went in today!! Comfort spec...sports seats "plus", seat ventilation, all the leather and reversing cameras and adaptive cruise, but also rear wheel steer just for those tight supermarket moments :D

One late change, I took off keyless entry because of the reports of thefts from jammed/copied keys recently which includes my bro in law.

Didn't add PDCC or sport suspension as seemed super expensive given I'm never going to track it.

Also couldn't bring myself to do the interior wood eventhough many people seem to be raving about it....

OcUK Staff
OP
Not sure of the point of rear wheel steer if it’s going to be purely road based.

Having driven 911's with rear steer on road and track, you notice it, makes the car feel sharper, more nimble and smaller/lighter than it is, works on GT3 very well, can only see it been further improved on 992.

Man of Honour
992 order went in today!! Comfort spec...sports seats "plus", seat ventilation, all the leather and reversing cameras and adaptive cruise, but also rear wheel steer just for those tight supermarket moments :D

One late change, I took off keyless entry because of the reports of thefts from jammed/copied keys recently which includes my bro in law.

Didn't add PDCC or sport suspension as seemed super expensive given I'm never going to track it.

Also couldn't bring myself to do the interior wood eventhough many people seem to be raving about it....
Wise move on the keys.

Back
Top Bottom