new build for photo/video business

Associate
cut a long story short i am hoping to go out on my own with the above business and need some advice about a build.
The reason for a build is that i can hopefully get what i need but im not sure about everything.

I read an article recently which had the following suggestions for what ia ma thinking of ding, i need some expert advice as to which exact product i should purchase.

500 gb ssd to run operating system, win 10, photoshop programs

2 to 4 tb hdd to use as storage for photo's data and documents (should this be ssd as well)

2 to 4 tb exernal hard drive hdd

Memory - something like 32gb to 64gb ddr4 2400mhz (this is what they recommended, i can look at suggestions)

Processor - 8th gen Intel core i5/i7 or higher

graphics card - nvidia supporting direct x 12 or opengl 3.3 or later. Maybe Nvidia geforce 1050, 1060, 1080 or mx150. Minimum 2-4gb vram

monitor 4k one with adobe rgb

card reader - usb 3.1

uninterruptible power supply.

At present i have a build created for me by a local shop, the case for it is a cooler master elite 130 (i think)

Asus H811-plus motherboard

Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4430 cpu @3.00ghz

8.0gb ram

i think 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd

I would be most grateful for any replies

Soldato
@trees

Ryzen 2700x overclocked to 4.3ghz all cores and 9700k at 4.8ghz all cores will perform roughly the same with Prem Pro, but other Adobe apps like After effects and lightroom which I'm guessing you'll be using at the same time greatly favour intel !

Used large SSD for OS, programs and editing. Recommend NAS system for back up personally !!

Silent case with front USB C port

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,418.98 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Associate
OP
i dont have a specific budget but was guessing maybe around 1500 to 1600 then the monitor, if someone can suggest for less that would be great

Soldato
i dont have a specific budget but was guessing maybe around 1500 to 1600 then the monitor, if someone can suggest for less that would be great

tower is £1300, could get a little cheaper by using non silent ATX case without front USB C port - also allows cheaper board without internal USB C and high quality audio
also dropping to 16GB of ram would save another £100 but again depends if you use multiple programs whilst running Prem Pro, guessing if your doing this full time at 4k- most likely you will

monitor is larger - needed for 4k so pixels are to small it looks like a 1440p screen and HDR as well

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,773.32 (includes shipping: £22.50)

PSU on sale to £60 now

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-q...plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-131-bq.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom