BMW and M Power Owners

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Haha, no, just "premium tyres" of a high standard or something along those lines.
Be very interested to see the actual wording, its not as if cheap tyres do not pass all of the relevant EU safety standards so how can they possibly differentiate legally?

Caporegime
Be very interested to see the actual wording, its not as if cheap tyres do not pass all of the relevant EU safety standards so how can they possibly differentiate legally?

The same way that warranties can ask that a car is serviced at a dealership rather than any other garage.
The parts are the same. The process is the same. Just the location isn't. Yet this is all above board.

Soldato
Never heard of Bmw star rated, had a look on a few tyre places and the Michelin 4S aren’t approved for bmw. Is there somewhere which lists tyres that are approved?
#
Most websites have a filter for OEM Fitment.

The same way that warranties can ask that a car is serviced at a dealership rather than any other garage.
The parts are the same. The process is the same. Just the location isn't. Yet this is all above board.

A manufacturer's warranty can't state you must have your car serviced at a main dealer, an aftermarket insured warranty can however.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
This is not like saying that at all, that is a clear distinction and a term imposed by a manufacturer backed product.

Your analogy translates to "Only service at a premium garage of high quality" - how do you define that?

Caporegime
This is not like saying that at all, that is a clear distinction and a term imposed by a manufacturer backed product.

Your analogy translates to "Only service at a premium garage of high quality" - how do you define that?

By ensuring that they follow the correct procedures and use the correct parts.

Soldato
No no, a new car warranty can't. A manufacturers warranty can. I believe the BMW AUC warranty does.

I'm pretty sure it just has to be a VAT registered garage and 'approved' parts. Now on the approved parts, does that mean it must be OEM BMW parts, or OEM equivalent. E.g. A pagid brake disc, which could be what the OEM one is anyway.

I'm not fussed about general oil and filter servicing as the car has the service pack included until 2021, but for something like the brakes it'll be interesting to see the different cost in parts (OEM from dealer, OEM from German store and equivalent non-OEM) and the cost in labour. What I don't like is a dealer charging £125 an hour for a simple brake pad change when either me or an trusted local garage can do it for a hell of a lot less.

I like the free coffee, nibbles and seating in the dealership, but don't want to be paying for them ;)

Edit: Front brake disc (x1) part no check online in the UK has it at £356, haha. German site has it at £280 before I've registered for a forum discount (also OEM). Online shop has equivalent at £150 each.

Checked price on BMW-service online for what a dealer should price at:

Front Discs & Pads = £869
Front pads only - £357

Rear Discs & Pads = £528
Front pads only = £212

At those prices maybe they're AP Racing discs :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Evening all, any recommendations for replacing the halogens in my X3 (F25)? I've just had a right side dipped beam failure (hopefully it's just the bulb). I'd prefer a white, brighter bulb than the OEM but not sure what is available or where best to look!

Caporegime
Potentially someone coming to buy my car today (Sunday)

As it's not a banking day, if they did a bank transfer and I could see the money in my account, is there any way for them to later reverse it?

I'd obviously get them to sign/date a receipt of sale.

Soldato
Potentially someone coming to buy my car today (Sunday)

As it's not a banking day, if they did a bank transfer and I could see the money in my account, is there any way for them to later reverse it?

I'd obviously get them to sign/date a receipt of sale.

No, a faster payment (MAX £10k) will show pretty much instantly for all but the crappest of banks. It would be significant hassle to reverse that out later.

Soldato
Thanks

Didn't realise there was a 10k limit.

It's nearer 13k if it happens, so what are my options on a Sunday?

Cash and transfer, but he's not going to £3k cash out today. They will need to contact their bank if they want to increase that limit from a personal account, but I suspect that might not happen on a Sunday.

EDIT: Looking at 200sols post, depending on who they bank with, online should be fine for most.

Back
Top Bottom