What have you done to your car today?

hux

hux

Soldato
Usual? But guessing what it is?

My money would be on the lower balljoint.

Get this, the lh droplink was loose. Numpty didn't double check it no wonder it came on fast.
Anyway struts are on, just need to tighten everything and top up the gearbox oil.

I did the lh seal, but the rh is too hard. There's no clearance for the driveshaft bush bolts, I'd need a ramp to do it.

Last edited:
Associate
Getting ridiculous isn't it. Roads get worse every year yet still we pay more :mad:
IMO, I think it's about time car tax was made mileage based, yes I have a fairly big engine that kicks out more emissions but I only do 4k a year in it. I expect someone doing 10k+ in an eco box chucks out far more pollutants than me and only pays £30 and they wear the roads out faster than me!

Panda wins again!! Less than 5000 miles, around 60+ to the gallon on a run, £30 road tax and it cost less than a grand :cool:
Not only that- 'tis as fast as anything else on the road: 70mph :D

Soldato
I fitted a storage box to the right of the steering wheel, under the headlight controls. Every other car I've ever owned has had a storage box here but for some reason it became an option with my car that the previous owner never specced. This meant my dash was just a blank space here, albeit with the recess where the compartment should be. Seems a bit of a strange thing to retrofit but the arm rest storage compartment isn't very deep on this car and the door storage pockets aren't that big either so any additional compartment is welcomed.

Ordered the part from BMW, the fixing plate and screws then just had to cut out a hole in the dash which was...interesting. I was going to use my dremel but other people said that it starts smoking a lot and can melt the area a bit so I decided to play it safe and go with stanley knife and hacksaw blade :D

IMG-2139.jpg

Went in perfectly though, didn't cut too much and doesn't show any cutting/hacking marks anywhere.

IMG-2141.jpg

Soldato
Yeah if it involved having to actually cut a hole that would be visible there's no way I would have even attempted it :) I'm not good at cutting things in a perfectly straight line, especially not with the tools I have at my disposal.

Luckily in this case the edge of the storage compartment sits over and around the hole to mask the dodgy cuts.

Back
Top Bottom