Après pas de brexit - le déluge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
Blocking Brexit could lead to a surge in far-right extremism in the UK, the utterly incompetent Tory Secretary of State for Transport has said. Chris Grayling told the Daily Wail that failing to leave the EU would cause the 17 million idiots who voted to throw themselves off the White Cliffs of Dover to feel "cheated" (LINK)
Shome mishtake shurely?
Isn't it the Loony Left that espouses violence?

Soldato
We had a vote, we voted to leave.

It really is that simple.

We leave, democracy at work.
We fail to leave, democracy broken

Soldato
More Brexit great, just what I needed before a parkrun and after an hours sleep.

Itl's all gone mad, some fairy tale ideas, on the same path and fascism and naziism imo. One day I'm going to move to a different hotter country.

Soldato
We had a vote, we voted to leave.

It really is that simple.

We leave, democracy at work.
We fail to leave, democracy broken
Boaty Mcboat face ring any bells?

The greater public simply weren’t up to the job of voting on a ships name let alone brexit and got (too easily) swayed by now proved wrong leave campaigns.

I suspect the last two years has been an education for many and a new vote today would illicit a very different result.

Permabanned
If you voted to leave because you think the eu is basically non-violent invasion then having the referendum ignored further proves your point and it's your duty to take action.

Associate
Boaty Mcboat face ring any bells?

The greater public simply weren’t up to the job of voting on a ships name let alone brexit and got (too easily) swayed by now proved wrong leave campaigns.

I suspect the last two years has been an education for many and a new vote today would illicit a very different result.

How is that different to any general election? parties make claims and promises which are not kept once in office but the election result is still accepted, its how democracy works. There was plenty of information (away from either campaign) during the referendum as to what it would mean. Most people I know that voted leave have said they would still vote leave now.
When the vote to join the EEC it was for a common market, if people knew then what it would mean long term I don't think we would have ever joined.

All of this 'falling off a cliff' 'crash out' terminology is just more scaremongering. Bigger issues are likely to be from recession in China and particularly for the EU, Germanys slowdown and Italys poor economy

Last edited:
Caporegime
Rubbish, to call the public stupid is wrong.
Deluded, ignorant , brainwashed, ill-informed, lacking critical thinking, lied to by far right propaganda, lied to by terrible British media, lied to by Russian KGB propaganda campaign.

Intelligence is also a factor

Associate
Deluded, ignorant , brainwashed, ill-informed, lacking critical thinking, lied to by far right propaganda, lied to by terrible British media, lied to by Russian KGB propaganda campaign.

Intelligence is also a factor

The public were lied to and ill-informed when there was a vote to join the EEC and the long term plans and effect it would have on the UK. The EU have had years to make changes based on UK public concerns and they did nothing other than increase their control and power thinking no one would ever stand up and leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom