*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Maybe it's intentional? One year warranty right? Have them fail somewhat over time from poor cooling?

never had a sony console fail ever and i've owned them all including the portables. a lot of them have been over used too. the ps3 iirc got louder with age maybe the ps2 too. it's just dust clogging them up and poor application of thermal paste, etc. minor issues.

the ps4 pro is loud because of the thermal paste not because of poor design. they need to fix the machine or do it by hand.

V F

V F

Soldato
never had a sony console fail ever and i've owned them all including the portables. a lot of them have been over used too. the ps3 iirc got louder with age maybe the ps2 too. it's just dust clogging them up and poor application of thermal paste, etc. minor issues.

the ps4 pro is loud because of the thermal paste not because of poor design. they need to fix the machine or do it by hand.

Never? Not even the phat PS3? My 40GB eventually YLOD back in 2012 I think it was from end of 2007 owning it. I loved that console. Piano black finish.

Caporegime
Never? Not even the phat PS3? My 40GB eventually YLOD back in 2012 I think it was from end of 2007 owning it. I loved that console. Piano black finish.

I bought a 160GB phat PS3, I dunno what year that became available but it's still going strong. Whereas my Xbox Elite from around the same time has a broken disc laser.

Caporegime
OP

i've only ever had 1 console die on me and it died around 6 times before i decided enough was enough (xbox 360). i even had a well used sony console opened up to be "modified" and the guy said it was the cleanest console he had ever been given to "modify".

i've probably owned around 20 consoles overall going back to master system days. only ever had the 360 die on me an i've owned all 3 xbox's (original, 360 and one).

i wish i still had them all. ended up giving them away to kids hospitals or family, etc after upgrading to the next gen.

wish i'd kept my wii too i think i gave it away to some romanian *****.

Soldato
Multiplayer trailer. The release is next Friday. :D

Edit. Unfortunately no co op at launch.. but they’re listening to fans and it could be patched in at a later date.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last ace combat i played was the one with those huge AA rail guns was good fun.
Stonehenge from ace combat 04. Part of the ps2 trilogy (ac04, 5 and 0) great games ! You get ace combat 5 for free if you pre order on PS4. And ace combat 6 for free if you pre order on Xbox :D

the x-02 wyvern has been spotted in the latest trailer, so that hopefully will be one of the playable super planes

Last edited:
Soldato
Stonehenge from ace combat 04. Part of the ps2 trilogy (ac04, 5 and 0) great games ! You get ace combat 5 for free if you pre order on PS4. And ace combat 6 for free if you pre order on Xbox :D

the x-02 wyvern has been spotted in the latest trailer, so that hopefully will be one of the playable super planes

Thats the one Stonehenge was that last level if think? loved that game not played one snice, I preffer my WW2 air combat but will keep and eye on this one.

Soldato
Thats the one Stonehenge was that last level if think? loved that game not played one snice, I preffer my WW2 air combat but will keep and eye on this one.
I haven’t played it in a very long time, but yeah I think taking down Stonehenge was one of the last missions.

Soldato
No demo at the moment. And I’m not sure if there will be. :(

In any case just wait for reviews to drop if you’re undecided.

Yeah will check reviews, hope it's good. Can't remember from earlier games in the series, but can you free roam around or are you always restricted into a mission area. kind of hoping you can just takeoff without doing any missions of sort and just fly around.

Soldato
Yeah will check reviews, hope it's good. Can't remember from earlier games in the series, but can you free roam around or are you always restricted into a mission area. kind of hoping you can just takeoff without doing any missions of sort and just fly around.
There is free roam included! I even think there is free roam included with the VR portion too. :) as well as the small selection of missions, there also airdisplay mode for vr too.

Soldato
There is free roam included! I even think there is free roam included with the VR portion too. :) as well as the small selection of missions, there also airdisplay mode for vr too.

Great, love just flying about, so that's cool then. As for VR haven't got that. I'm not sure what platform Im getting this on yet, possibly the XBX, as I use that for all multiplats.

Soldato
Great, love just flying about, so that's cool then. As for VR haven't got that. I'm not sure what platform Im getting this on yet, possibly the XBX, as I use that for all multiplats.
Ah I see. Well. If you pre order, you’ll get AC6 for free on Xbox :D

AC5 if you pre order on PS4.

Edit. AC5 is by far the superior game compared to 6.

Associate
Apologies as this has probably been asked before but are there any good deals around just now for the Pro with God of war? Needing to upgrade from my launch console as it's starting to compete with a Boeing in terms of noise! :D

Back
Top Bottom