2019 PDC World Darts Championships

Soldato
OP
I sent this text to my dad pre-tournament:

Next up they've got that Suzuki i've tipped to win the women's title. She's 14/1 but 7/2 just to win this game. If she does she'll walk it.

My god, how right I was. Why on earth didn't I put any money on her :(

Caporegime
Durantt averaged 96 for the entirety of that match. That’s his strength. Consistency. That average consistently in the BDO will win nearly every match.

In the PDC, not so much. He’s gonna have to put about 5 points on that to compete at the top level.

Caporegime
Well done Glen. Mentioned how has hasn’t played the PDC greats in his speech. He wants to move. This is the last you’ll see of him in the BDO. He’s already confirmed he’s going to Q-school, as has Waites. Got to think of the money when you’ve got a family.

Associate
Fair play to glen mentioning that when eric won 3 in a row it was unified.Got to give the guy resect for that.
The pdc is a totally different ball game, the whole of the tourny was quite poor overall, well after watching pdc.

For me, the best games of the week was suzuki, she was exceptional!!

Caporegime
Fair play to glen mentioning that when eric won 3 in a row it was unified.Got to give the guy resect for that.
The pdc is a totally different ball game, the whole of the tourny was quite poor overall, well after watching pdc.

For me, the best games of the week was suzuki, she was exceptional!!
Yeah, it was almost like he was saying to the crowd that he’s not the best, the best are in the PDC. I don’t think he will win any big tournaments in the PDC, but he’ll get far enough to earn a nice bundle and will be able to give up his job and concentrate on darts full time. He will get better sponsorship too.

Associate
Im sure he will make a decent amount of money, every one has their "off days" and if glen plays well he will have a good chance.

When the likes of gerwin anderson white etc are on form and they are smashing 110+ average he is going to have quite a bad day.

Man of Honour
Premier League lineup:

MVG
Cross
Anderson
Smith
Wright
Gurney
Suljovic
Price
Wade
Van Barneveld

Barney? Sympathy vote? He's been poor for a while.

It's basically what I predicted, top 4 auto-picked, Smith has been very good past 18 months, Suljovic has won tournaments of late and good enough ranking, Barney was always going to get a wildcard guarenteed in final year. You've then got Gurney ranked #5 so difficult to leave out, Price for the drama (and can justify on ranking) and then the only possibility I thought was maybe they would take someone like Max Hopp instead of James Wade due to the expansion in Germany, especially given Wade's attitude of late, but I suppose at least he has regained some of his form, and Hopp not quite delivering on his potential (he throws arrow-straight, but doesn't hit enough red bits)

Problem for Durrant is there are too many mid-range players in the PDC now, I reckon 10 years ago his standard would see him going deep in some tournaments but nowadays you've got players outside the top 32 averaging in the 95-102 range like Dimitri, Aspinall etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
His average will rise simply on the fact that his opponents will be averaging more.

If you are playing someone averaging 100 then you are only getting 12 - 15 darts per leg (on average), the first 9 - 12 darts obviously where the majority of your average comes from.

Far more impressive averaging high 90s when your opponent is struggling to reach 90 than it is to average 100+ when your opponent is also averaging 100+.

Not guaranteed to get a tour card, Q School this year will be a far higher standard than either of the world championships that have just been completed.

Back
Top Bottom