New Toyota Supra formally announced

Associate
I would have thought the mkiv Supra was Toyota answer to rival the GTR in japan, if they cost around the same and the power output would roughly be similar as Japan had a 350bhp limit or something set back in the 90s?

Soldato
Eh? The Mk4 TT Supra (not the 'original' but I know what you mean) was often more expensive than both – UK Supra was ~£37,500 in '94, an M3 £32,450.

Today, a Mk4 Supra would cost you (adjusted for inflation) almost £76k new.

I'm glad someone has posted this.

It's a far more reasonably priced car than people give it credit for.

Soldato
Also looks like all the cars have gone now.

Toyota site is now saying "join the waiting list"

Meanwhile... :D

46703889612_0684ef6345_z.jpg

46703889292_f935fe1bfa_z.jpg

46756693971_7453511fa9_z.jpg

OcUK Staff
I just need to find out some wheels specs now.

Got a few different styles in mind...

Te37, RPF1 etc

Yep wheels, I am sure someone will bring out a concept body kit for it also, then it will look ace.

I did consider buying one, as at 54k I could just buy outright, but at the same time I'd only buy to flip it six months later and in fairness I am not sure it would still be worth 54k as would not want to lose out but who knows maybe they will hold value for first few months well if there is a shortage, but be surprised if they start swapping hands at 60k.

Will be an awesome car, I suspect Toyota did just not take the BMW and be done with it, I suspect they really went to work on the driving dynamics and certainly hope they did and we know the power plant is very tuning friendly, good map can see these doing 0-60 in 3.5s in the dry.

Soldato
Yep wheels, I am sure someone will bring out a concept body kit for it also, then it will look ace.

I did consider buying one, as at 54k I could just buy outright, but at the same time I'd only buy to flip it six months later and in fairness I am not sure it would still be worth 54k as would not want to lose out but who knows maybe they will hold value for first few months well if there is a shortage, but be surprised if they start swapping hands at 60k.

Will be an awesome car, I suspect Toyota did just not take the BMW and be done with it, I suspect they really went to work on the driving dynamics and certainly hope they did and we know the power plant is very tuning friendly, good map can see these doing 0-60 in 3.5s in the dry.

Everything points towards it being a fantastic handling car.

All the PR work has been done around Gazoo Racing and talking about the "feel" of the car, which we know so many modern cars lack.

My experience with the GT86 was good, so this can only be better.

OcUK Staff

All the PR work has been done around Gazoo Racing and talking about the "feel" of the car, which we know so many modern cars lack.

My thinking, should be awesome, fingers crossed.

Caporegime
I'm glad someone has posted this.

It's a far more reasonably priced car than people give it credit for.

It is priced correctly but the badge has gone down a class. The car is priced as a Toyota Celica GT-Four was and in the same category of car. The MK4 Supra was in the realms of the R32 GTR, 911 sans turbo, Ferrari 348, Honda NSX etc. For it to be in the same league today it would most likely need a hybrid drivetrain and 500+ BHP and all that for 76k.

Caporegime

The GT86 was made and designed in Japan. This is essentially a German car with a Japanese hat on it. Just like the Fiat 124 is a Japanese car with a Italian hat.

Gazoo Racing isn't even Japanese it is a bunch of Germans and Fins :p

Back
Top Bottom