Today my 7 year old daughter got told off at school for...

V F

V F

Soldato
Knuckles. Slaps. Peanuts. Bulldog. BUNDLE! We had a lot of games that seemed to be designed to hurt one another. Fun tho.

Then there is the standard stuff like being able to kick a ball or play conkers or tag or whatever. The world is going mad.

Nah, the world is fine. Just a certain amount of people that are in control of certain aspects is the problem. Small people and power.

Caporegime
Back when I was a kid gladiators and power rangers was the in thing. We used to play gauntlet by using bags as the tunnel to run down. Power rangers was pretending to do karate. Both ended badly and got banned. I know at my daughter's school they are not aloud to play football. We used to play 30vs30 out on the field back in the day!

My daughter is 11 and doesn't even know what kiss chase is. That was a fantastic game :p

Soldato
holding her best friends hand.

Her and 3 friends got told off last week because they were touching each other playing tag.

I've posted about the school before and it's at a point where we're thinking of pulling her out due to how silly it's getting.

Does any other school you know of have rules like this?

We've also got marshmallow clapping where they clap but their hands stop about 5 inches apart...

WTF is wrong with the world

Have you asked the teacher about this? There is loads of different types of clapping, not just marshmallow claps.

Can't help but think people are overreacting. No school will tell a child off for holding hands.

Soldato
If that was my daughters school I would be going in and speaking to the teachers.

That is ridiculous.
It does all seem just a little bit sinister to me... Intentionally creating a little generation of children who are in no way armed to deal with the real world? Doesn't make sense.

Soldato
Have you asked the teacher about this? There is loads of different types of clapping, not just marshmallow claps.

Can't help but think people are overreacting. No school will tell a child off for holding hands.

That's pretty much what my missus said. She's a deputy head at a primary school and regularly has to deal with over reacting parents who don't have the full facts. She said in this case, the kid has probably gone home and just said they were told off for holding hands when what really happened is they were told off for something completely different. Maybe swinging each other round into other kids, being a nuisance when they were supposed to be listening etc. She said the parents very rarely get the proper story from the kids about what they were actually told off for.

Soldato
That's pretty much what my missus said. She's a deputy head at a primary school and regularly has to deal with over reacting parents who don't have the full facts. She said in this case, the kid has probably gone home and just said they were told off for holding hands when what really happened is they were told off for something completely different. Maybe swinging each other round into other kids, being a nuisance when they were supposed to be listening etc. She said the parents very rarely get the proper story from the kids about what they were actually told off for.

Parents don't get the whole story from their kids when they tell them off about something!

Soldato
It does all seem just a little bit sinister to me... Intentionally creating a little generation of children who are in no way armed to deal with the real world? Doesn't make sense.

And yet at the same time indoctrinating pre-teens on the virtues of transsexuality, gender fluidity and "Man-Love"/Woman-Love" etc

We are looking forward to having one seriously screwed up generation!

:(

Associate
Went to primary in the 90's and knuckles was a personal favourite just for the sheer pointlessness of it all. Bulldog was also great at our school. We'd usually get around 30 people playing (boys AND girls) but I do remember it getting banned just before we left as it was starting to get out of hand with too many ripped clothes and injuries.

Soldato
Such memories reading through what other people got up to at school :cool:

Indeed, the level of freedom we had in the 60's would be incomprehensible to milennials today.

And you know what. I dont recall anybody being stabbed, despite the fact that practically every schoolboy would have a scout knife (And a fair few Girls too)

I haven't found an exact image, but think something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Russian-...f:g:K2MAAOSwnv9cCYGa:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true

As for Playground Fun, Check this out...

http://www.streetgames.co.uk/games/strange/split-the-kipper

Can you imagine what would happen today. School would probabally end up being raided by an ARU CW Police Helicopter...

:confused:

Soldato
THe old PILE ON "xxxx" would result on 15+ people randomly landing on poor "xxxx"

Or a scream of Bundle! would often have the same results

lol you brought back some memories.

We used to do "Jew bundles", dropping money and whenever an unsuspecting kid bent over to pick it up, they got bundled.

I also broke my mate Nigel's finger throwing a golf ball straight up into the air for him to catch.

Back
Top Bottom