• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you buy a Vega 64-LC nowadays?

Soldato
So.. first, I am in the USA so please bear that in mind. I can get a Liquid edition Vega 64 for 499 dollars new. You rarely see revised reviews on it with new drivers.. and curious if it would be worth buying given they look to get fairly easily to 1700/1100 at least. Comes with the 3 game deal as well obviously.

Nuts to consider?

Permabanned
I'm shocked you can even find AIO Vega's new, I though they'd run out of stock due to the limited run long ago. £499 is a fair price when you take the three games into account, Is it worth getting? I'd say it is if it's powerfull enough for your needs, If not waiting for the 7nm Vega release is your other option but don't count on the AIO still being available if you wait another 3 weeks.

Soldato
You can buy a 56 and undervolt it and mess around and get very near 64 perf for less money, 56 is the sensible buy if you have to buy right now

Soldato
Unfortunately I think it's a little late in the day to buy into a Vega lc64, ( but on the other hand with Amd behind with Navi and Nvidia being greedy there is nothing really more attractive or value for money if you need something now.
Furthermore Turing is just a box of Mini-milks, and Amd's Navi isn't going to be much of a performance increment over Vega. So you'd still get a good year or two out of the Lc64, but you could lose a lot of money as it devalues quickly.
It would have made more sense to buy Vega64 at 1st release and enjoy a solid year and a half of gaming for not a lot more money than buying into Vega64 today.
However if depends on your current gpu and what you need, if you are at 1080p/1440p and you can budget it for it then go for it.
I have 2 v64's a reference and an Lc64. When I first bought the Lc64 I wasn't really impressed as my reference did quite a good job, but over time I've come to really love the lc64, it's so quiet and well made.
1700/1100 is pretty much the perfect everyday setup.

Soldato
OP
Yes

Nice upgrade over a 270X.

Telling me. I have had a 1070 back in 2016 and i miss the performance. The 270x was free, but rings of Elysium showed me I need to upgrade. Trying to decide between going high end or buying something like a 570 till navi gets released. And this looked reasonable that's all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So.. first, I am in the USA so please bear that in mind. I can get a Liquid edition Vega 64 for 499 dollars new. You rarely see revised reviews on it with new drivers.. and curious if it would be worth buying given they look to get fairly easily to 1700/1100 at least. Comes with the 3 game deal as well obviously.

Nuts to consider?
I just bought one and happy i did. :)

Associate
I have a Vega64 LC and don't regret any of the pennies I spent on it. Sure, Radeon VII might be out in a week, but that's an awesome price for an awesome card and like others, I don't think it will lower current Vega prices much if at all.

Back
Top Bottom