The Grand Tour

Caporegime
For everyone going on about certain scenes looking scripted and fake, try going back and watching the very first series on BBC, they were exactly the same.

Every Top Gear and Grand Tour episode has had scenes scripted and obviously fake, it is their way of doing things, it is their "USP" for want of another description, they will always do it so either stop watching knowing it will always be the same, or use the FFWD button, either way commenting on here about it after 17 odd years of the same thing is getting a tad boring.

Soldato
Thought the 2nd part of the special was more enjoyable than the first, doing a bit more with the cars and the landscape views were amazing.

Such a lot of fuss over peoples comments/thoughts on scripting especially those assuming people were 'shocked' at it, as per my earlier comment just needs to be the right level of balance between scripted humour and interesting content.

Caporegime
Only got round to episode one last night having given up on series two half way through, very pleasantly surprised, very good (and I’m not particularly interested in muscle cars as such) thought the Senna was epic and an astonishing lap, all the way through I was thinking @Gibbo has found his next car, then I googled the price! :p :D

Nice to see the celebrity and conversation st bits gone and the race driver looks a fair bit better to boot.

Looking forward to the next episodes, hopeful of good things. :)

Soldato
Part 2 possibly the best special they've done to date?

Did anyone else think the hummingbirds were CGI to start with, not sure if it's down to the camera they used but they didn't look real.

I would go as far as it was good, but I personally think they'd done much better before. And yes, for the first few seconds I thought the hummingbirds were CGI.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Smoking replaces eating for a lot of people, he'll now be eating as habit instead.

When I quit 8 years ago I went up a stone in just a few months but i was underweight for my height. Mainly because instead of being in the fag hut on tea breaks I was eating instead.

Columbia episode was too similar to the Bolivia one in my opinion. The car choice was near enough a carbon copy. It is all getting a bit boring and they need to do something new.

Caporegime
Just watched both parts of the special, must say, bar fantastic camera work I thought it somewhat boring to put it mildly...

The trailer for episode 4 looks promising so I'll stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom