Only 24 hours until my new car arrives....it's a GTR!

Associate
I remember seeing one of these for the first time and I loved it. Even all these years later they still turn my head when I see one driving on the road. Excellent choice!

Soldato
Sadly in my experience Audi dealers are some of the poorest out there. They seem to be so overwhelmed that they are Audi and work for the brand they don't have time for those who can actually buy their halo car. It is the biggest disappointment of R8 ownership when compared to other high end performance cars. Audi by and large just don't get it but "aren't we awesome" and "you should be honoured that we let you sit in a special area with a Nespresso".

100% agree.

A few years ago I was shopping around for a hatchback. Ford quoted me a price for a Fiesta ST and a relevant PCP deal, so I went to the Audi garage round the corner and was quoted the same OTR price for an Audi A1. The PCP deal was more expensive however. I asked the salesman why the deal was so expensive in comparison to Ford, and he simply said "Because we're Audi, we're a premium brand. Look at this R8!"

He wasn't too please when I discussed the Ford GT and that I think Audi are a middle of the road brand. Clearly Ford are a better finance company than Audi...

Nice spec on the GTR OP

OcUK Staff
great purchase mate, the car is stunning, it's always been a dream car for me since i first saw it back in 08-09, hopefully i'll get to drive one, one day.

They are finally dipping under 30k, its taken some time but a few are there, gotta be careful though there is a lot of dogs as well but I've spotted what look like a couple of nice examples at 29-31k, huge amount of car for money even at 60k for a near new one, a 30k one is just bargaintastic.

Soldato
OP
So I have a leaky front driver side tyre.

Warning came on last night, this morning its sat at 16psi. 30psi is standard.

Pumped it back up to 30psi, no noises or damage visible.

Annoying as tyres are brand new on the front and sourcing one Dunlop Run Flat GTR OEM Tyre seems to be a pain.

However it could be a leaky TPMS valve.

Not the best start to ownership!

Associate
Very nice and welcome to the GTR club

Should have my Knight Racer carbon fibre bonnet on my gun metal 15 plate by the end of next week

I’ll try and remember to put a photo up

Soldato
OP
At least it's not a knocking or grinding from engine or gearbox. I'd be happy with that. :p

This is true!

Likely culprit, I went through 5 replacements in my ownership.

Christ! I have full Nissan Warranty so its more the inconvenience. All Nissan Service centers are closed on Sunday but I'm gonna take it to the local tyre shop to see if there is anything obvious.

Associate
This is true!

Christ! I have full Nissan Warranty so its more the inconvenience. All Nissan Service centers are closed on Sunday but I'm gonna take it to the local tyre shop to see if there is anything obvious.

I have the same problem at the moment. Rear offside down to 26 which throws up the warning. It could be a coincidence of the cold weather and not reading correctly.

Luckily I have a tyre place near my work that has nitrogen

Associate
So I have a leaky front driver side tyre.

Warning came on last night, this morning its sat at 16psi. 30psi is standard.

Pumped it back up to 30psi, no noises or damage visible.

Annoying as tyres are brand new on the front and sourcing one Dunlop Run Flat GTR OEM Tyre seems to be a pain.

However it could be a leaky TPMS valve.

Not the best start to ownership!

These have run flats! Never knew that.

Lovely car fella

Soldato
This is true!

Enjoy Nissan customer service :D You'll be better off at a local tyre shop than Nissan, shocking whenever I took my car to them.

Sgarrista
Commissario

Just mix some washing up liquid into water and spray it onto the valve after re-inflating to confirm. It will be a hairline crack on the TPMS collar most likely. Nothing any tyre places can do about it as the TMPS isnt serviceable. I always kept a spare to hand so my local tyre place could replace it, as you said, its the inconvenience.

Soldato
OP
These have run flats! Never knew that.

Lovely car fella

I was surprised too!

Enjoy Nissan customer service :D You'll be better off at a local tyre shop than Nissan, shocking whenever I took my car to them.

Yeah booked in at the local place at 1pm so we'll see what they can find.

Just mix some washing up liquid into water and spray it onto the valve after re-inflating to confirm. It will be a hairline crack on the TPMS collar most likely. Nothing any tyre places can do about it as the TMPS isnt serviceable. I always kept a spare to hand so my local tyre place could replace it, as you said, its the inconvenience.

May give that a try if all else fails.

Back
Top Bottom