• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
I've recently got a second hand 1070 and prefer silence with my gfx cards these days. I didn't know much about this release, the 16GB VRAM surprised me! that is a bit overkill OMH. AMD should do an 8GB and 12GB version with competing prices to match, that would blow nVidia away. It'll be interesting to see the driver performance bumps over time.

Caporegime
Except those figures are not the actual required VRAM, just what is sitting in VRAM because it is needless to flush out unused memory.

Soldato
Impressive but more impressive is how the RX 590 absolutely crushes a 1060 now and is not a million miles behind a 1070, for a £239 card with 8G its bloody epic value for money, plus the three games, sell them and your ownership experience cost you under £200. :)

Also impressive how Vega 56 not only beats a 1070Ti and 2060, it can also rival 1080 in some games, not many, but again for a card under £300, with 8G and three free games, AMD really are doing a great job in the mainstream and middle segment at the moment, yes they might be old products but the performance has improved considerably since their launch and the prices have come down.

Their line up is pretty good! Even the RX 570 can nearly match a 1060, that is wow! :eek:

RX Vega 7 @ £649
RX Vega 64 @ £379
RX Vega 56 @ £299
RX 590 @ £239
RX 580 @ £179
RX 570 @ £139

Seriously they win every segment under £600, have a better games bundle, unless your looking for absolute best (2080Ti) then my money would be on an AMD card personally. :)

P.S. Undervolt the 56 and 64, up power target and you typically gain another 10% performance quite easily without having to faff around with clock speeds. :)

The Rx 590 is bad value when you consider the discounted Vega 56 performs so much better. And to be fair I really don't think the RX 590 is worth it over discounted RX 580's.

I honestly think the 590 should have been the 580 replacement not another level.

The Vega 56 is crushing it in terms of value and performance.

Associate
Just opened the retail box - and there is the card, and a small quick install guide. That's it. No adapters, cables, driver CD etc. Very bare bones? I got power cable adapters, video adaptors and a driver cd etc with 980ti. Is this how all cards are now?

Underboss
Just opened the retail box - and there is the card, and a small quick install guide. That's it. No adapters, cables, driver CD etc. Very bare bones? I got power cable adapters, video adaptors and a driver cd etc with 980ti. Is this how all cards are now?

possibly

i dont require any cables, as my PSU does it all for me (and monitor of course)

OcUK Staff
The Rx 590 is bad value when you consider the discounted Vega 56 performs so much better. And to be fair I really don't think the RX 590 is worth it over discounted RX 580's.

I honestly think the 590 should have been the 580 replacement not another level.

The Vega 56 is crushing it in terms of value and performance.

100% agreed, but believe it or not 590 is massively outselling 580 for us, the sales are nothing short of incredible, I think it might be because people perceive the 1060 as better than 580 (it is not) but people truly know the 590 is a slam dunk and is why they buy it as such.

Back
Top Bottom