New Toyota Supra formally announced

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

not a fan tbh, i much prefer the original.

Im sure its been said already in this thread but its basically just a reskinned z4

Soldato
The only thing I dislike about the design is all on the front arch and wing area. The panel lines just look wrong/awkward and the slightly swollen arch makes the whole front end look higher than necessary from any kind of side on view.

Soldato
The only thing I dislike about the design is all on the front arch and wing area. The panel lines just look wrong/awkward and the slightly swollen arch makes the whole front end look higher than necessary from any kind of side on view.

I agree. I wish they'd gone for a narrower bonnet so they could make the entire front wing one piece, it would really smooth out the lines of that front.
Same for the rear arch - those panel joints are really quite jarring. I wish they'd gone for larger pieces to give it a smoother overall look. I wonder if going for smaller panels is a measure to save on manufacturing costs.

Soldato
The old ones are getting rarer though. Soon you'll have to pay more for an old Supra than one of these new ones when they hit the used market in a few years (manual one ofc) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
not a fan tbh, i much prefer the original.

Im sure its been said already in this thread but its basically just a reskinned z4

Couldn’t agree more, love the original so much

apf9u1.png

Soldato
I agree. I wish they'd gone for a narrower bonnet so they could make the entire front wing one piece, it would really smooth out the lines of that front.
Same for the rear arch - those panel joints are really quite jarring. I wish they'd gone for larger pieces to give it a smoother overall look. I wonder if going for smaller panels is a measure to save on manufacturing costs.

This is how cars like the s2000 are and they're much better for it - can't be that expensive? It's also possibly linked to some h&s regulation preventing it - isn't there a few about impact protection around that area of cars now?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Couldn’t agree more, love the original so much

apf9u1.png

Looks absolutely sexual!

Though idk why, but despite the "similarities" I never really liked the 2nd and 3rd gen versions! The 4th however was a beauty too

Associate
Have you seen this?

"the Supra and z4 each has its own distinct body, interior design and driving dynamics" - Chris whalton

Chris whalton are you kidding me ?? The interior is 100 million percent bmw, like its not even funny.. They havnt even bothered to change the gear selector and controls. The lcd screen is blatant bmw.

Soldato
This is how cars like the s2000 are and they're much better for it - can't be that expensive? It's also possibly linked to some h&s regulation preventing it - isn't there a few about impact protection around that area of cars now?

But the gt86 has a very low bonnet and doesn't have weird panel gaps like that.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe it's part of how the made the car so rigid without using carbon fiber.

Back
Top Bottom