• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Associate
hi

OCUK

why are you charging an extra £500 for the lightning 2080ti? its for sale at £2000 but your competitors are selling it way way cheaper? is it a package deal that im not seeing, maybe a psu, or 30 boxes of Haribo ?

Associate
Why is the AORUS so bad?

I don't think they are, quite like it actually, great looking card in my opinion. Picked up the Aorus Extreme when OCUK first got them in few months back and its been a great, played everything i've thrown at it without any problems at all. Software is pants but easy to overclock and never seen it above 77 degrees. I would certainly recommend one.

Soldato
hi

OCUK

why are you charging an extra £500 for the lightning 2080ti? its for sale at £2000 but your competitors are selling it way way cheaper? is it a package deal that im not seeing, maybe a psu, or 30 boxes of Haribo ?

Gibbo's already explained it.

They priced it high so it won't sell.

It's there to attract web views to the shop.

But if somebody's mug enough to buy it at that price, hey, sod the views!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at those prices.

And i thought original Titan cards had insane pricing.. I used to have a feeling of needing the best, these days it doesn't bother me at all. Especially when there's hardly anything game wise that I'm interested in playing that would need a new card, even then most games play perfectly fine on much cheaper or older 2nd hand cards at 1080p & even 1440p.

Wonder how things are going to be when new Nvidia cards arrive, if not this year for 7nm maybe early next year?

Soldato
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at those prices.

And i thought original Titan cards had insane pricing.. I used to have a feeling of needing the best, these days it doesn't bother me at all. Especially when there's hardly anything game wise that I'm interested in playing that would need a new card, even then most games play perfectly fine on much cheaper or older 2nd hand cards at 1080p & even 1440p.

Wonder how things are going to be when new Nvidia cards arrive, if not this year for 7nm maybe early next year?

NV's next top card will be £1800-2K and people will still buy it and defend the prices. It'll probably ship with more useless tech because that plan worked so well for NV last time with RTX, and made them another £500 per card.

Soldato
if you look on ocuk the lightning now has 2 in stock either the customer saw sense and cancelled or ocuk did the right thig and advsed the customer it wasnt the best purchase for the money atm

Soldato
Never mind the two grand lightning, £1500 for a top GPU makes decent PC gaming truly a pass time of the wealthy elite. Just think where this is going to end up. It's OK on here because it's mostly city spivs with flash cars, lighting their cigars with 50s, but think how this is going to trickle down to your average 1080p gamer.

It won't be long before building a modest 1080p PC is a full used/2nd hand experience.

Only winners here are console manufacturers.

Associate
Never mind the two grand lightning, £1500 for a top GPU makes decent PC gaming truly a pass time of the wealthy elite. Just think where this is going to end up. It's OK on here because it's mostly city spivs with flash cars, lighting their cigars with 50s, but think how this is going to trickle down to your average 1080p gamer.

It won't be long before building a modest 1080p PC is a full used/2nd hand experience.

Only winners here are console manufacturers.

The 2080ti is designed for cutting edge 4k gaming. The average PC gamer has very good choices in the sub 400 rrange like rtx 2060,vega 56 etc.

Soldato
It has been in stock at that price very recently.

Do people really fall for the “We don’t want to sell it line?” Come on, you know very well someone will buy them at that. At least be honest.

They'll say anything to sell cards, and plenty are daft enough to believe anything they're told by OCUK. A captive auduence of mugs!

:D

Associate
So a low to medium end GPU is now £400, yeah, thanks for backing up my point.

Vega 56 is £299 currently. If 1080p 60fps gaming is all you want they get the job done quite well at high settings. If you push the resolution above 1080p that’s where things start to get messy.

Soldato
I have to agree the prices this gen are awful. My only hope is that we are all mistaken and NV are being genuine when they say the new tech really is that pricy to make due to yields etc.

If this is the case then maybe there is hope that as the tech matures perhaps next gen will be a little more sensible again.

Also I think there is a very real chance of hitting the wall soon in what is needed. I dunno about you guys but me, I am delighted with 4k and I am also ok with 60fps. 8k holds no interest to me (and I own a 65 and 70inch screen to game on). If next gen I can get a 4k 60fps card with rtx on (which seems feasible) NV will be in an interesting position. Where to go from there? Without the next big thing to make me pine for then I can definitely see my GPU going the way of my CPU (I upgrade my CPU less than once every 6 years or so now!!!! My 2015 i7 5820 at 4.3ghz is not even close to struggling and even my 2011 sandy 2500k i5 at 4.5ghz is mostly ok

I can see GPUs going this way if not next gen certainly the one after.

Back
Top Bottom