Has your handwriting deteriorated since primarily using computers?

Soldato
I've recently found my old fountain pen (was very excited about that) and cleaned it out and filled it up with ink but my handwriting is awful. I do pretty much all of my work on a computer and can touch type reasonably quickly, but my handwriting has suffered.

Has anyone else noticed that their handwriting has got worse after moving over to using computers for the majority of their writing?

Man of Honour
Haven't found my handwriting has deteriorated but my spelling (which was never amazing anyhow) has suffered a lot when I have to write and don't have auto-spell checking hah.

Soldato
I posted some seeds out in the week and had to write the addresses on the envelopes. It's the first time I've picked up a pen in god knows how long and my writing was awful!

Actually, my handwriting in primary school was already so bad that I was given lessons for touch typing. This was in 1989, aged 11. Then in secondary school, I was given an Amstrad electronic typewriter for note taking for most subjects. Maths was pretty much the exception where I was able to draw graphs and write equations ok.

Man of Honour
My handwriting was terrible when I was younger but has actually improved with age even though I rarely write anything more than quick scribbles while I'm working on something these days.

Back
Top Bottom