What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Associate
I have several that I enjoy playing on different platforms...

Sega Master System
Sonic The Hedgehog
Columns
Enduro Racer
Fantasy Zone

Play Station 3
GTA 4 & 5
Driver San Francisco

BBC Micro Model B
PAC MAN

Game Boy
Tetris
Super Mario

486 PC
Lemmings
Theme Park
PAC MAN
Sim City
Card memory games

Soldato
Speedball 2

Anyone remember it? It reminds me of a movie too but I can’t think of the name of it.

ROLLERBALL!!!! Classic film, don’t bother with the 2001
Remake

Speedball is amazing, basicallly handball with violence in a video game, spent many an hour round my neighbours playing that and sim city

Soldato
I'm not sure placing is spelt like that :p

Today I dug out my PS2 and thought I'd play some Gran Turismo a spin as a break from shooting dudes. You all know what that means: Load in, change the settings (most importantly disabling the start up video and racing music), smash through Licence B (licences being so dry and boring that the Polyphony needed to put a "coffee break" in the middle which I'm sure everyone reacts in the same way - Just go away I don't care about avoiding cones let me complete the licences as quickly as possible! - instead of just streamlining the licences), and then finally pick out a starter car from the mainly JDM used car options, cars which were considered low value and uninteresting in 2004 but ironically today are probably rather expensive! We all know this is best bit of the game! How much power can I get for c10,000!

Then off to the autocentre to give it a wash and an oil change, and voila my power jumps up from 148hp to 166hp. Add the obligatory ECU chip for 1,500 or so and now I'm rocking 178hp ;). Then get bored and turn it off!

Except today I pushed past that and took some photos of my car before getting bored and turning it off:

POEPBmJ.jpg

TiLdd7O.jpg

Tmi2Ofg.jpg

I get amazed whenever I use this feature at what still images the game can produce. Compare it to the flashy ******** of something like driveclub (just because I happen to have some pictures of it on my HDD).

...Actually it looks pretty good so that's backfired but I'll share it anyway :D

iwHz2YY.jpg

Associate
ROLLERBALL!!!! Classic film, don’t bother with the 2001
Remake

Speedball is amazing, basicallly handball with violence in a video game, spent many an hour round my neighbours playing that and sim city

Rollerball! That’s it! Just looked it up on IMDB. Such a classic. I didn’t even know they did a remake. I remember it being super violent!

Soldato
SNES Lemmings

I had the Gameboy version back in the day - spent hours upon days upon weeks trying to get past Mayhem 4, never managed it. Thanks to the internet, I can now see that it was bugged on the PAL release :mad:

SNES version doesn't seem to have that problem, but is tougher than I remember. Respect to 10 year old me, who figured all this out much easier :D

Man of Honour
GT2 on the PS2 still looks fantastic, I remember at the time being blown away. I'm playing Metroid Fusion on the GBA at the moment, never completed it but this weekend I hope to as I'm home alone!

Soldato
Had a complete loft clear out about 5 weeks ago (boarded up, installed lights etc) and found all of my old consoles and games aswell as an old CRT TV. So I thought I'd treat myself to some classic gaming.

Just finished playing Xenogears a few days ago on my PS1, took me 64 hours to complete... wow, what a game. The scope and depth of the story is just astonishing and makes me long for more games like it. Themes range from Sigmund Freud concepts of Ego and Id etc, human origins, technology, God, religion, ancient civilizations etc. Absolute mind blowing story.

Thinking of getting out the PS2 next and playing Suikoden III :D

Soldato
Speedball 2

Anyone remember it? It reminds me of a movie too but I can’t think of the name of it.

Rollerball?

Currently playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Illusion of Gaia on the SNES.

Lots on the original Amigas I have (both a A2000 and A1200) but normally Dungeon Master (completed multiple times but love the game), Bloodwych (hard as nails!), Turrican 2 (got to get my platforming in!).

On the original C64c I have I'm playing Bubble Bobble (one of the best games), Creatures is amazing, Ghosts n Goblins (hard game but good fun), Green Beret is, again, hard but fun and so many others.

M.

Man of Honour
Ocarina of Time, spent a good 3 hours on it today.

33wp5aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom