** AORUS' FIRST GAMING MONITOR AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW AD27QD **

Soldato
Got my montor up to the same grey to grey response time as the Aorus with overdrive, not exactly much of a difference. Give this a pass response time is so close to what I already have in a non-gaming older I.P.S.

Associate
God is punishing you for not buying from OcUK.

What is OCUK's policy on monitor returns anyway?

No chance I'd buy an IPS monitor from anywhere that didn't have a no questions asked/no "restock" fee return given the absolute lottery that the panels are.

I remember when was thinking about getting one from AO once and they told me I could definitely test it first so it'd be safe to buy, only after asking for clarification did they tell me that "testing" could not actually involve actually turning it on.

Associate
So this monitor has caught my eye as it pretty much checks all the boxes I'm after - 27", 144hz, 1440p, IPS with G-Sync or something at least G-Sync compatible. Reviews sound good so far, though a lot have mentioned that it is expensive for what you get. I'm struggling to find other monitors with more-less the exact same specs for considerably cheaper.

Anybody mind pointing me in the direction of a few I could compare with?

Cheers!

Soldato
So this monitor has caught my eye as it pretty much checks all the boxes I'm after - 27", 144hz, 1440p, IPS with G-Sync or something at least G-Sync compatible. Reviews sound good so far, though a lot have mentioned that it is expensive for what you get. I'm struggling to find other monitors with more-less the exact same specs for considerably cheaper.

Anybody mind pointing me in the direction of a few I could compare with?

Cheers!

Two other models that use the same panel type both by Acer.
Acer Nitro XV272UP which has identical specs (different software and lacks the noise cancellation feature) to the Aorus at a cheaper price point.

Also the Acer Nitro VG27OU this has exactly the same panel but comes without H.D.R 400, it has the same support for 10 bit colour but the display is limited to around the 120 h.z. mark using this wider colour range, it displays 8 bit colour at 144 h.z.

Its significantly cheaper

Acer's launch has been confusing as they swapped the panel on the VG27OU, the new model uses the same panel as the Aorus and the Acer XV272UP but one of the few reviews and some of the comments online are based on the older different panel type.

Hardware unboxed have a you tube review of the Aorus, if you have not watched it I would recommend it, particularly the comments in regard to response times. The Acer models seem to be comparable in this regard, although so far they do not appear to have sent models for review so information is not easy to come by.

Associate
I was under the impression that the XV272UP and Auros also needed to be set to 120hz for 10bit colour (which I assume means it's achieved through FRC).

Soldato
Also the Acer Nitro VG27OU this has exactly the same panel but comes without H.D.R 400, it has the same support for 10 bit colour but the display is limited to around the 120 h.z. mark using this wider colour range, it displays 8 bit colour at 144 h.z.

Both of these Acers lack a height-adjustable stand as well, which is what stopped me taking a punt on one of them.

Soldato
I was under the impression that the XV272UP and Auros also needed to be set to 120hz for 10bit colour (which I assume means it's achieved through FRC).

I don't know, users have reported VG270U as doing this, I may have missed it but can't recall anything in reviews on the Auros mentioning it (although that's hardly definitive). What both the Aorus and XV272UP do here is something of a mystery to me, as is the pricing structure here between the three monitors. Factor in the price of a stand the difference between XV272UP and the Aorus looks understandable given the cheat/ sound block/ ability to cunningly/tactically disguise yourself next to a Christmas tree with the Aorus. VG27OU is something of a dark horse given its price tag.

Last edited:
Associate
The 272 has a decent stand (nothing that you couldn't buy for £15 on ebay though) and a USB hub, but that hardly justifies the £80 premium over the 270.

Associate
Hi,

i've brought mine a week ago, i owned a korean Qnix 27" before the gigabyte, i'm very satisfied with the new monitor, colors are very nice, and also freesync works well, not a big problem the higher response time, but the qnix had a bigger one so it's a positive step for me, i choose the aorus after looked at reviews, it has the best colour and brightness uniformity, and the best colour accuracy, and i need that because i do some works with graphics, i think that if you only play games, you can buy an acer

Back
Top Bottom