LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
@Daniel - LG It's never good when us enthusiasts see that, if you can possibly push for a reduction on this side of the pond too I'm sure you'd get a shedload more sales :)

It's not clear whether that includes sales tax and shipping, it's hell of a deal if it does. Sadly to import from the US to UK directly we'd probably get destroyed by import duty + VAT.

I think UK consumers would benefit more from actual availability>10% price reduction.

Also, the 38" version is enticing, but that's a substantial amount of pixels to push!

Associate
It's not clear whether that includes sales tax and shipping, it's hell of a deal if it does. Sadly to import from the US to UK directly we'd probably get destroyed by import duty + VAT.

US sites never include sales tax or shipping on the base price quote. Even then, their usual single digit sales tax pales in comparison to the lovely UK VAT.

Associate
Updated tests of the new firmware for the 950F, along with new sections and an updated F vs G comparison: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34gk950f.htm (see the index at the top for which parts are new and updated)

Thanks, just makes my decision to go the F over G to couple with my 1080Ti even sweeter. From the review:

We were very pleased to see that the new firmware helped reduce all of the lag on this screen. We now had a signal processing lag of only ~0.2ms, so basically nothing.

:D

Associate
I noticed on my G version that the screen flickers to black when waking up from sleep but only when I have G-Sync enabled in the nvidia control panel. So what happens is I move the mouse and screen wakes up as normal but as soon as I click the start menu or a folder on the desktop it flickers to a black screen for a second. I opened up the monitor menu right after I woke it up and seen that G-Sync was OFF but when I click on something it turns to ON and thats when it flickers. I'm assuming this is normal and G-Sync is just refreshing. Can anyone else test this out?

Caporegime
I noticed on my G version that the screen flickers to black when waking up from sleep but only when I have G-Sync enabled in the nvidia control panel. So what happens is I move the mouse and screen wakes up as normal but as soon as I click the start menu or a folder on the desktop it flickers to a black screen for a second. I opened up the monitor menu right after I woke it up and seen that G-Sync was OFF but when I click on something it turns to ON and thats when it flickers. I'm assuming this is normal and G-Sync is just refreshing. Can anyone else test this out?

I think the same happens to my F version too, although I've not checked the Gsync status. Didn't think anything of it tbh.

Associate
hey guys, havent been in the forum for months..tonite i was going to pull the trigger for 34gk950g since its $999 in the US[and dont have to pay tax, yah im kinda rubbing it in haha] than i read up on how the new updates on the F version might be a better option only to find out the F version is at this moment $200 more than the G version, wtf! i was hopin to save on the g-sync tax by buyin the F version...then someone made a reference to the new 38GL950g!!! [and all the other new monitors coming out later this year] so now i gotta rethink and see if waiting is the better move at this point haha

TFT Central have UPDATED their review of the LG 34GK950F to reflect the new v2 firmware release. :cool:
  • The variable refresh rate (VRR) range has been extended from 55-144Hz -to- 48-144Hz
  • Input lag has been vastly improved from a rather slow 13.8ms -to- 4.3ms
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_34gk950f.htm

IMHO this now makes the Freesync version a more compelling buy over the more expensive G-SYNC version which is limited to 120hz by the module.

Just need to find one in stock some where now.

Back
Top Bottom