• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
The links a good example as it shows us that less than 12% of the 61 tested managed 2000mhz or higher,
It's an undervolting table as well if you read it. You'll note most of the 1800 results are around -100mV from the stock voltages. Not really the user case of overclocking under water or air, which is what we are talking about.

So if you remove the undervolt results almost all of the results that kept their voltage at stock or higher got to 1900 or more on air.

Not saying its guarenteed but its looking hopeful for the 2000+ range under water.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seriously tempted by one of these cards now - worth it from a 1070 do we think?

I would hope to sell the 1070 (zotac mini) which would contribute slightly. Have a 4K screen but cannot play at native res for hardly any recent games at acceptable frames right now.

Permabanned
It's an undervolting table as well if you read it. You'll note most of the 1800 results are around -100mV from the stock voltages. Not really the user case of overclocking under water or air, which is what we are talking about.

So if you remove the undervolt results almost all of the results that kept their voltage at stock or higher got to 1900 or more on air.

Not saying its guarenteed but its looking hopeful for the 2000+ range under water.

It'll be interesting to see how they do.

I would hope to sell the 1070 (zotac mini) which would contribute slightly. Have a 4K screen but cannot play at native res for hardly any recent games at acceptable frames right now.

Would you consider going from 1070 performance to 1080ti performance worth it? Personally I would especially so with it not being far from a 2080 & that having less memory than either. The 2080 doesn't feel right to me & that's the other option in that price range.

Associate

that was my jump.. bf5 same settings went from 70-90fps to 120-144fps.. the witcher 55-70fps to 85-100fps.. well.. was worth it.. in terms of bench numbers etc, 2080 is a better bet..

Associate
I'm personally waiting to see how it performs in Division 2, if it's good I think I'll make the switch. Not convinced by RTX bull.

That's interesting seeing that you have a 2080ti? I have the same card, i'm also not convinced with the RTX / DLSS nonsense therefore was thinking about selling and picking one of these 7's up for a play.

My 7 keeps up with my friends 2080ti in most games now, we are usually only 10 - 20 fps apart in the games we play together.

This is also very interesting, the games I mainly play are BF5, PUBG and Metro currently. I also only game at 1440p so doubt I would notice any difference compared to the 2080ti.

Maybe i'm mad, but i do feel let down by Nvidia somewhat.

OcUK Staff
Caporegime
That's interesting seeing that you have a 2080ti? I have the same card, i'm also not convinced with the RTX / DLSS nonsense therefore was thinking about selling and picking one of these 7's up for a play.

It was the fact that it turned out DLSS wouldn't allow us high fps that did it for me (high latency from what I understand so can't be done efficiently), I'm done.

Problem is I need close to 2080Ti performance from the Radeon 7, the Ti just about manages to keep above 80fps with Ultra on my monitor in Division 2 which makes it pretty much perfect for the game where I plan to spend 2+ years playing :D

Associate
Where are those water blocks. Come on I neeeeeed it nooooowwww :D
Looking like its going to be a few weeks yet. I've been in contact with EKWB from day one getting as much info as possible. End of Q1 is what i was told.

I asked this too:
"Might be too early to ask, but are these blocks been designed like the Vega block I currently have to be able to use the existing AMD reference back plate?"

And got this back yesterday 28/02/19:
"Hi

I'm really sorry, but sadly I don't have this information right now.
I don't thing it's set yet.

Best regards, Igor"

Permabanned
That was a result, I just had to stop playing again because it's started doing this now:

KvG82gRh.jpg.png PYYyS8xh.jpg.png FzusNiXh.png

It must be the card this is with everything at stock.

Today I got an email from OCUK telling me they can't find anything wrong with my VII which is a bit odd, Since I sent the VII in to OCUK I've had my RX 480 back in my PC & I've had no issues so I'm hoping I'll get the VII back & also see no issues, If so I can put it down to being a one off oddity, If it still does it I'll be gutted as although I originally sent back for a refund I contacted them & said I'd rather wait for a replacement thinking they'd see the same issue I was.

Associate
I've been very impressed by the alphacool waterblock for my vega 64 although I do have to brace it as its very heavy. :D
I've fitted an alphacool block to an R9 290 and did it a good job. I also made a brace for that too. The xspc 295x2 block was very heavy I braced that too as it was over 2kg!
Its not an issue for me now though as I have a thermaltake core x5 case so the motherboard is flat.

Associate
Well mine has arrived today. I ordered on launch day but did not get one of the 1st batch so have been waiting for the sapphires to arrive. Wont have time to install it till after work tomorrow.

Associate
really wish these was £599 with the free games, at that price I'd buy one, I also think that would be the perfect price for this card given its just a die shrink

Soldato
Today I got an email from OCUK telling me they can't find anything wrong with my VII which is a bit odd, Since I sent the VII in to OCUK I've had my RX 480 back in my PC & I've had no issues so I'm hoping I'll get the VII back & also see no issues, If so I can put it down to being a one off oddity, If it still does it I'll be gutted as although I originally sent back for a refund I contacted them & said I'd rather wait for a replacement thinking they'd see the same issue I was.

Try another high quality power supply with it if you still get issues. All PSU's, regardless of quality, can become faulty, it's worth ruling out. I'd also make sure you're using two separate 8pins from your PSU, fresh install of windows (or DDU in safemode at the least).

Back
Top Bottom